Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to buy a new Cross Country Tour in the next few weeks. At the motorcycle show in Chicago in February I sat on and tried to get a feel for several full-dress tourers, and of all the bikes I looked at, the Victory Cross Country Tour was my favorite. As soon as the weather is cooperative, I will be trying to arrange a demo ride at one of the dealers near me, as well as a demo ride on a Honda Goldwing, and possibly a Harley Utra Glide Limited. I know HD riders often will not consider buying any other brand, and Goldwing riders also seem totally loyal to Goldwings. I wondered how Victory Cross Country riders feel about their bikes. And the best test to me is if the rider would buy the same bike again if they had the chance to buy a new bike, or would they go to some other bike (and why). I'm hoping to get some help from folks on this forum to help me make my decision.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Literally...IN A HEARTBEAT!! And I have owned my for 2 years...In a heartbeat, nuff said!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Without a doubt I'd do it again 14 months later! Love my CCT!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Vito and glad your asking questions on comparisons. The difference is well beyond the seat and fit. In maintenance costs alone the Vic or GW I believe beat the HD but if your wanting bling maybe the HD is the ride. Comparing the GW to the XCT is tough. Fixed fairing to fork mounted, 5spd to 6spd, ,twin to silence. I ride with several GW and from the power plant side we have many more customizing options if that's your thing but turn key torque,silence the GW. The GW is a higher sitting ride I thought when comparing the XCT.

If I was going to buy a fork mounted fairing it is hands down the XCT, fixed fairing vision or BMW but if I wanted set it and forget it cruising I might go GW but again you seem to sit on it. The XCT and Vision you feel part of it. Didn't get that on the Glide either.

I'm stuck on power plant maint and hands down Vic takes it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Make that a HELL Yes... I am hoping to cross the One Million Miles ridden mark on mine.. :^)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Only 945 miles in 2.5 months, but absoF'ingLutely! Unless something amazing crosses my path in the next 5 years, the replacement will be another XCT!

·
Registered
784 Posts
XCT pulled wife and me off a Goldwing. Wing was great but didn't fit me well.
Nothing out there right now that I would trade it for. Not perfect, but one of the best riders out right now IMHO.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Bought my new 2012 CCT in May of 2013. With only 14,600 on it so far, I'd buy another in an instant if anything happened to this one. I came from years of riding a Valkyrie Interstate and decades on various Moto Guzzi models. I enjoyed the big Valkyries but nothing compared to the comfort and power of the CCT. The lack of leg room on the Valkyrie and the Moto Guzzi kept me cramped while the legroom on the CCT is fantastic.

I don't want for any of my previous bikes. Especially after a trip to The Vic Shop. The comfort on the CTT is without equal.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Only had mine for a month but would buy the same bike again. Test rode the cvo ultra glide but liked the xct better. At first the handlebars felt like a little to far of a reach but got used to it pretty fast. Test ride as many different bikes that you can and decide from there.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup, count me in!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There's a member of this forum who had a bad go round with his Cross Country. Clutch issues that finally pissed him off enough to dump it.

He dumped it for a new Cross Country.

That's pretty high praise.

I probably won't buy another one myself. I think that I'll keep this one in the family until I check out. Not to say that I won't continue buying bikes and selling bikes but this thing is reasonably bulletproof and I am not gentle. As long as it provides the reliability, comfort and utility it came with, Pop would have to be stupider than braille directions on a drive up ATM to let it go.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
douglas and frye motorsports[dealer] has had victorys for years .
as far as im concerned they are one of the good ones.
i have a cr, but after riding a tour i wished i could have
afforded one. great wind control. maybe someday. if you
get a chance to get to sterling, stop by at D & F. i hear
randys in marengo has quite a following too.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I am not entirely sure if I would buy another CCT. I say that because I still like the Vision. The main reason I didn't buy a Vision was because the less-spacious storage and the handlebars were too low.

I have since found there are Vision handlebars can be replaced with a higher set, and the seat is more comfortable to me than the CCT. Don't get me wrong, however, the CCT seat is fine.

I think I would like to take a Vision on an extended test ride to see.

In the end, however, I will likely buy another Victory, whether it's a CCT or Vision.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hope to buy a new Cross Country Tour in the next few weeks. At the motorcycle show in Chicago in February I sat on and tried to get a feel for several full-dress tourers, and of all the bikes I looked at, the Victory Cross Country Tour was my favorite. As soon as the weather is cooperative, I will be trying to arrange a demo ride at one of the dealers near me, as well as a demo ride on a Honda Goldwing, and possibly a Harley Utra Glide Limited. I know HD riders often will not consider buying any other brand, and Goldwing riders also seem totally loyal to Goldwings. I wondered how Victory Cross Country riders feel about their bikes. And the best test to me is if the rider would buy the same bike again if they had the chance to buy a new bike, or would they go to some other bike (and why). I'm hoping to get some help from folks on this forum to help me make my decision.
Yes sir I would .. I said this 2011 would probably be my last bike but I'm curious to what neat things they may add to the next model.. Been hearing rumors about gadgets etc..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
204 Posts
Coming off of two Vulcans....one I loved (2008 1600 Nomad) and one not so much (2012 1700 Voyager), it is a long story....but yes, I would definitely buy another and should have bought it instead of the Voyager in the first place. I have 10,000+ on my 2013 XCT. Like any bike, you have to personalize it for your ergonomic comfort. I replaced the handlebars to get them closer, had my seats custom fit, etc,....but the comfort, power, and storage afforded by the XCT cannot be understated...especially for two up riding!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Would I? Sure I would but the fact is I won't be trading my XCT in anytime soon. This bike just works for me!

I don't know if I am exactly head over heels in love with it as It does have a few flaws but it works very well for the riding I do. I've owned the XCT for a little shy of two years and about 21000 miles. No major problems and no problems at all with the motor or drive train. One switch went bad and a couple of fit and finish problems. Nothing major and nothing that even remotely stopped me from riding.

This bike fits me well, has tons of luggage space, makes good power and handles better than anything else with this much weight on the road.

I'm in Cherry Valley. Shoot me a message if you want to take a closer look at mine or have any specific questions.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 48 Posts