Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially the XC. I took a test ride on both of them today and was really impressed! I'm not going to go into a full on review but I will say my next bike will be a Cross Country!!

I just wish that day was tomorrow!

You XR/XC riders are very lucky. The new 11 transmission's are awesome and smooooooth.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
:I agree:
I do feel very lucky with my XR. She's the best horse I could've ever dreamed off. When are you joining us on the cross, BBob? :D

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
BBob, your E.Glide would be a good trade for a XC - pull the trigger if you can! ;)

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be a good trade but unfortunately the value has gone down considerably in this economy. I even toyed with the idea of trading in my 3 month old Jackpot and the E. Glide. I haven't ruled it out completely yet and I really don't NEED two bikes but it sure is nice to have both. Still thinking ... I might take a ride down to the dealership just to see what they would say about it. I have put a few bucks into the JP already too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BBob, I sold my 2008 BMW R1200RT this June. In July I bought a 2011 Cross Country. This is my 12th bike in my lifetime. It is the best Motorcycle I have ever rode by far. I equate it to putting a saddle on a whale. It is actually more than you have heard about, and read about. Describing it is like trying to describe Marine Corps Boot-Camp, Can't do it, for you must go experience it yourself in full color. BBob, I recommend to take the plunge and enjoy the purchase, and especially the ownership of this ship. It is easy to own and maintain, this bike was made for its owners! I posted pictures of mine under the Cross Roads Show Your Bike Section.

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the good word Okie. I tried to trade in a couple of bikes today but ran into a snag. The owner of the dealership got wind of it after I left and made a couple of calls and it looks like I'll be riding a blue XC of my own tomorrow.

Ever since I took the last test ride on one during demo days a week or so ago; I just knew it was the right bike for me. I've never ridden a BMW but I hear they ride really sweet. For you to say what you did means a lot!

Btw; I'm on my 8th HD and 14th bike. The XC will be the magic 15th I think!

In truth; I wish I could have kept them all but that's only possible for a few lucky people in this world I think. :)

Bob

·
Registered
381 Posts
New XC

Bbob: Where you at in az? I got my new xc from az victory in phoenix. Totally awesome dealership & a fantastic staff. Hope your new acquisition turns out as well as mine!

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm over in Havasu J. Man.

I feel confident in making this decision to get a XC. Only a few bikes have really moved me in the way the XC does. My first, of course, then much later, a 65 Panhead chopper and lastly, a 69 Shovel which was pretty much stock. The newer HD's I've owned have all been good, even great, bikes but a person who really likes to ride knows when the right bike comes along for that person.

HD puts out some really good iron I think. They just lost touch with the end consumer/rider in some ways. I hope they can regain the trust they've lost in the last 5-8 years. Competition drives new ideas and gives good reason to stick with quality engineering.

Again; JMHO.

·
Registered
528 Posts
:I agree:

That is why I have a XC now instead of a 2011 model HD
They lost me as a customer
They want to play games and I am not interested in playing their games
They have the product and I have some money but they want the customer to satisfy them
They need to understand they need to satisfy us, the customer.

Victory needs to wake up to. Their over priced accessories will hurt them in the long run. Wait and see
Luggage rack $499, I made my own for $20

dd

·
Registered
566 Posts
Victory needs to wake up to. Their over priced accessories will hurt them in the long run.

dd
According to the Victory rep I talked to when I was visiting at Arlen Ness's place, the Cross Country is now their best seller, closely followed by the Vision. So, they are selling a bunch of them, which means the aftermarket will increase too. Supply and demand - the parts' prices will fall in response to the market. Early adopters, such as the readers here, won't see it for awhile, of course. But early adopters also tend to be do-it-yourselfers, too, like dd. I ended up making the Lexan, template-based lowers/Memphis shade bracket combo for less than $80 instead of the Victory lowers. I showed the lowers to the Victory rep and he thought my lowers were better looking than the Victory ones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
BBob, I am waiting from Rifle for my 21" windshield. I have currently a 19" windshield from Cee Bailey, nice shield, but not tall enough, so Rifle is going to do a custom for me. Also, be alert on the VRA-Victory Riders Association. It took me over three months to receive my membership card, and believe me I raised a stink about it at the Corporate level. Fellas, do not let Victory off the hook about this free one year membership. Stay on your Dealer about this, and have your dealer give you the number to Medina, MN to call. I think Corporate is finally realizing they have a huge failure gap in this VRA that is potentially hurting them. I told Corporate that their Victory Motorcycles are outstanding, so do not let this VRA screw it up.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I hear ya.

I have started making a luggage rack for my XC. Ran out of gas but will have some Wednesday. Cost will be around $40 for materials unless I take down to the gas company -it's only a name, not rally a gas company- to have some milling done. I have done a template and it looks kinda cool with only holes in it made into a V. Powder coating cuts cost.
I have bids on 2 different milling machines from company's that has gone under. Already have access to lathes. Everything else I already have.
I needed 4 screws that had came loose for the fairing and no dealer could find a part number so I called Victory and while I had them on the phone I told them they were hurting themselves with their over priced accessories.
I know of 3 sales that were lost because of their accessory prices.
To be honest with ya. I will not wait too long. If I get tired of not being able to get my XC like I want it with high price costs I will sell it and go a different direction.
My Victory dealer sells 3 brands of bikes. Victory, Honda, Yamaha. So getting a good deal will not be that hard.
I like the XC but I am not going to **** a ###. I dropped the HD's because of their allowing the dealers to mark up the MSRP

I have no problem loosing some cash
dd

·
Premium Member
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The XC/XR is only in its second year of production. Give the market time to catch up; especially in this economy. There's all kinds of parts for the Vision. I'd guess in a couple more years there will be tons of aftermarket parts for the XC/XR's and Victory will gradually pull their prices down to match the competition. My only concern is if the quality of the parts will suffer and also be made out of the country more and more to meet the price competition.

I like seeing guys like Will at CycleOps, The Witch Doctor, and Big Joe at Kewlmetal putting out good quality, American made, parts. (Sorry if I left anyone out - you know who you are)

The quality is really noticeable.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Vra

BBob, I am waiting from Rifle for my 21" windshield. I have currently a 19" windshield from Cee Bailey, nice shield, but not tall enough, so Rifle is going to do a custom for me. Also, be alert on the VRA-Victory Riders Association. It took me over three months to receive my membership card, and believe me I raised a stink about it at the Corporate level. Fellas, do not let Victory off the hook about this free one year membership. Stay on your Dealer about this, and have your dealer give you the number to Medina, MN to call. I think Corporate is finally realizing they have a huge failure gap in this VRA that is potentially hurting them. I told Corporate that their Victory Motorcycles are outstanding, so do not let this VRA screw it up.
Okie: I just started receiving Victory Rider magazine & was wondering about the VRA. Will I automatically be signed up for it or do I have to call Victory to enroll?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts