Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

Truth be told, this is my 2nd attempt. The first I rushed, had the wrong wrap lengths and had to double up, plus I clamped the air sensor holes closed and of course that didn't work- who knew. This second wrap only took me about 3 hours in total so no big deal, plus I like the colour much better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first wrap.

The beast behind my bike here has the Hemi SRT monster engine dropped in it (not mine).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looking good there Kris !thumb up

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
That is a really good looking Hammer thumb up nice job on the wraps

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Those pipes are the inners from my Freedom Performance pipes......not exactly straight but who gives a rats....good enough to wrap anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Cool mate ..
I like it, i bought wrap but decided to put it on a friend HD ....

·
Premium Member
142 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it's the XC Ness 10 gauge 23" rim. The fender is also the Ness XC 23" fender, just repainted and the edges have been smoothed.

Yeah I've been reading all about the Cherokee Hellcat- I have the current Cherokee SRT.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Vin thumb up

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
parts

Yes it's the XC Ness 10 gauge 23" rim. The fender is also the Ness XC 23" fender, just repainted and the edges have been smoothed.

Yeah I've been reading all about the Cherokee Hellcat- I have the current Cherokee SRT.
I envy your driving experience a bit, but not your fuel bill!

Does the XC bolt onto the Hammer forks- or do you have the XC big wheel forks, too? Wait, can't be because the diameter/tree would then be different, right? Or did you opt to ditch the idiot lights?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I envy your driving experience a bit, but not your fuel bill!

Does the XC bolt onto the Hammer forks- or do you have the XC big wheel forks, too? Wait, can't be because the diameter/tree would then be different, right? Or did you opt to ditch the idiot lights?
Haha...yeah. I figure everyone has to own at least one V8 in their lifetime- this is my splurge. Maybe I'll get a Prius next :eek:

From memory all XC front wheels are interchangeable with the Hammer S that has twin rotors.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it looks great! You should debadge your bike Kris... It would clean it up nicely.
Good idea Travis. Mind you I do like sticking it to the Hog folk.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bike looks great. If it was me i would've used black thermal wrap instead. I used to wrap handlebars at bicycle shops (college job) and i wrapped a set of headers on my 496 BBC (Major PITA to individually wrap each one). Just read the instructions, i believe it will say with each turn to cover around 25% of the last one. No reason to rush with just two pipes. Also if you still want them to be black you can buy this black paint made for wrap that will help hold even more heat in by filling the holes between the fibers.thumb up

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good. Did it to my pipes before the turbo. What size wrap did you use. 2"? Just for others info what length did you go with? That way they don't make it short for there's. I used black wrap and I have watched the videos on YouTube and they all say to put the wrap in water before you wrap and mine turned that color. Not black.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts