Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm finally getting around to ordering a new headlight and found out that https://victoryhid.com/ is now out of business (as of June 9th). Anyone know where I can get an HID? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I thought maybe Cross Roads sold that business a couple years ago. Or at least he tried to sell it.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
I thought maybe Cross Roads sold that business a couple years ago. Or at least he tried to sell it.
He tried to sell it. It was a part time thing for him. I guess it was no longer worth keeping up the stock with Victory shut down and the LED bulbs becoming more popular. I too would like to know where to buy another one if the one I have burns out.

I stopped advertising the heat shields I make for the same reason although I will still make them if someone wants them. I only made 6 or 7 this year. Most were for veterans or police.

I bet RicZ's lay down license plate holder have seen a big decline in sales too.

I know it's a pipe dream but I sure wish someone would start making the Victory's again. Someone other than Polaris but they won't sell the name because then it would be competition for their Polaris Indian line. Sadly; motorcycle sales, particularly big bikes, are down and probably not going to go back up. E-bikes are the next big thing and the young people just aren't into bikes or even cars like previous generations. They like their XBoxes and other video game machines better. They can't seem to grasp the difference is like watching a video of an ocean vs actually going to the ocean, walking in the sand, and actually getting wet by going into the ocean.

I'm happy to say I know there are lots of young people who still like to actually live life rather than see it through an LED screen. I just wish there were more of them.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
geeze I just clicked on that link and theres a message from CrossRoads saying yeah hes shut down operation....So much for lifetime guarantee, wonder if he'll stand by that.
He did recently when low beam went out on my Vegas, then I bought another system off him for my XC

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah thats sucks but hard to blame him. My first thought was...why didnt he put anything up to help those who have the system maintain it? Why keep everything secret?

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
geeze I just clicked on that link and theres a message from CrossRoads saying yeah hes shut down operation....So much for lifetime guarantee, wonder if he'll stand by that.
He did recently when low beam went out on my Vegas, then I bought another system off him for my XC

I'm hoping he can enlighten us all. I don't use his HID anymore but there's a lot of people that do.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Which lifetime, the product ?

I sorta presumed mine!... my mate sitting next to me tells me I shouldnt presume.
So 2 great things fall by the wayside
Victory and VICTORY HID
I blame that wanker from Polaris its all his fault...
Im off for a ride...
Id actually buy another system as backup..
The parts must be available somewhere

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
What happened to CR? Is he done with all this Victory stuff now?

I was hoping he would at least pop in and say where else one could buy HID's that would fit.

I did a search and found this site that might take its place but of course no warranty on the bulb from victoryhid.com.

https://www.hidextra.com/victory/

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
His HIDs aren't all that special. He was just one of the first that brought them to us. I have several other models that are working fine. As long as you get a H11 base, almost any will probably work.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I see a post from him every now and then, very few and far between, but he still pops in once in a while...

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Have any of you mods heard from him. Is he still a moderator or admin?
He's still an admin, usually on forums once you're made a mod or an admin it's stays.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts