Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confirmed with my dealer yesterday that the X-1 is no more! Apparently, the paint was too difficult for Victory production. There might be another similar bike released later next year, possibly. So, if you want a rare, specialty bike, based on the Cross platform, you may want to consider picking up the X-1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Confirmed with my dealer yesterday that the X-1 is no more! Apparently, the paint was too difficult for Victory production. There might be another similar bike released later next year, possibly. So, if you want a rare, specialty bike, based on the Cross platform, you may want to consider picking up the X-1.
Wow! Instant classic. Nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why wouldn't they just discontinue that paint scheme and continue selling the bike with a paint they can deal with?

Certainly means that you have a "rare" X-1, but I can't imagine they will scrap the entire line because of a bad paint choice.

My guess is that in a month or so, you will simply see new paint options on the X-1.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's not that surprising actually. It has taken Victory 2 months to paint a saddle bag lid for my Zach Ness CC and it's paint scheme is easy compared to the X-1.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Polaris went cheap on the paint for the X-1, against what the advisors told them. Their decision to go cheap cost them millions of $.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
from what i understood the x1 was a limited production anyway, only suppose to be 300 or something made anyway. my wife loves it, would like me to replace my crashed xc with one, but the price is to high and i would have to add a trunk, hard lowers, real windshield, probably seat and handlebars to it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why wouldn't they just discontinue that paint scheme and continue selling the bike with a paint they can deal with?

Certainly means that you have a "rare" X-1, but I can't imagine they will scrap the entire line because of a bad paint choice.

My guess is that in a month or so, you will simply see new paint options on the X-1.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts