Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm running a beautifully awesome PCV map tuned by Kyle for my Tri-Ovals, cams, +4 wheel and filter.

I'm considering sending the stock mufflers for a Big Gonzo mod. Probably more free flowing top end than the Tri's. I wonder how bad it'd be off on the map if I swapped, or if it could be tweaked to run pretty darn close until I can dyno tune it perfect?

Any experiences and knowledge with that?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I'd stick with what you have. Rylan Vos, one of the top Vic mech's speaks highly of the Tri-Ovals. It's also what KevinX runs; another top notch Vic mech.

What's a Gonzo mod? It sounds like your bike would need to be re-dyno'd.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I agree with Bbob. I'd stick with what you have. I'd bet your tri-ovals will put down better numbers than them gonzo things. I've actually not seen a dyno sheet better than tri-ovals. If its just sound you're after, sounds like some expensive noise. Changing back pressure, flow etc will certainly necessitate another tune.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
http://youtu.be/Wk5fneDefhI

Basically a re-cored muffler similar to Nascar6 or Thrush, Witchdoctors, etc etc. I believe the Big Gonzo is an open core with a flanged tuned large end port. Sound great. Kyle and Lloyd had nice comments on them in Helen at the rally and they tested well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
check out the return policy before getting those. Not to mention a youtube clip is probably not a great representative of how they really sound.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if you have someone close with the gonzos , see if you can swap to try them out, wouldnt take long to figure out if your tune will work or not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts