Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

X Bike slip-ons swap, PCV tune?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dtmmil 
#1 ·
So I'm running a beautifully awesome PCV map tuned by Kyle for my Tri-Ovals, cams, +4 wheel and filter.

I'm considering sending the stock mufflers for a Big Gonzo mod. Probably more free flowing top end than the Tri's. I wonder how bad it'd be off on the map if I swapped, or if it could be tweaked to run pretty darn close until I can dyno tune it perfect?

Any experiences and knowledge with that?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
I agree with Bbob. I'd stick with what you have. I'd bet your tri-ovals will put down better numbers than them gonzo things. I've actually not seen a dyno sheet better than tri-ovals. If its just sound you're after, sounds like some expensive noise. Changing back pressure, flow etc will certainly necessitate another tune.

#4 · (Edited)
http://youtu.be/Wk5fneDefhI

Basically a re-cored muffler similar to Nascar6 or Thrush, Witchdoctors, etc etc. I believe the Big Gonzo is an open core with a flanged tuned large end port. Sound great. Kyle and Lloyd had nice comments on them in Helen at the rally and they tested well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#5 ·
check out the return policy before getting those. Not to mention a youtube clip is probably not a great representative of how they really sound.

#7 ·
if you have someone close with the gonzos , see if you can swap to try them out, wouldnt take long to figure out if your tune will work or not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.