Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I let a friend take my XR for a ride yesterday and he complained about the vibration at 55MPH and up. This has been brought up on another Victory forum. I feel it but it doesn't bother me. Anyone else experienceing this? Is there something wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
vibration

I have a x-country with a little over 5000 miles most open road. I don't feel any vibrations until i am a little over 90 mph
Walt

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also have no vibration on my Cross Country. The bike is so smooth, not sure why people are having vibration issues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Vibration?

mannymo,

This is a very subjective thing. Some people are bothered by vibration that other folks never seem to notice.

I've put 15K on my Vegas in the last 2 years. Based on that experience:
o The mirrors will not vibrate if the mounts are tight and adjusted properly (mirror should be in the middle of the adjustment range, not pulled over as far at it will go in any direction).
o The handlebars are never an issue since I've added my ISO grips.
o When not wearing my riding boots, I do notice a little vibration in the foot pegs. Never an issue when I have my boots on, which is most of the time. My riding buddy has a Kingpin and never feels any vibration with the running boards.
o Tires can be an issue. Double check the inflation (I run 38 front and 40 rear). Low inflation pressure will cause vibration on my bike. If the tires are inflated properly and still vibrate, have the balance checked. With my Avon Venoms, I'm good to well over a hundred per (on the race track of course) with no vibration to speak of.

Good luck getting it sorted out!
VegasRider

·
Registered
111 Posts
Might just be a wheel out of balance a bit. You could try some Dyna Beads.
I tried Dyna beads in my 2011 and had them taken out. I was getting pretty noticeable vibes at around 70 ( ideal cruise speed ) back to old fashion balance and weights. It's better now.

Vibes are more so at 90 and when revving throught the gears up near 4K rpm.

DON"T GET DYNA BEADS. I'm thinking it's those wheels more than anything. A rebalance with real weights should help.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I tried Dyna beads in my 2011 and had them taken out. I was getting pretty noticeable vibes at around 70 ( ideal cruise speed ) back to old fashion balance and weights. It's better now.

Vibes are more so at 90 and when revving throught the gears up near 4K rpm.

DON"T GET DYNA BEADS. I'm thinking it's those wheels more than anything. A rebalance with real weights should help.
Very very few people have had any trouble with the Dyna Beads but if you feel they didn't work for you then you shouldn't use them.

They work great for me and thousands of others. Maybe your tire was so out of balance it just needed another ounce or so of the beads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very very few people have had any trouble with the Dyna Beads but if you feel they didn't work for you then you shouldn't use them.

They work great for me and thousands of others. Maybe your tire was so out of balance it just needed another ounce or so of the beads.
I'm honestly just reporting what I experienced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts