Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks if this worked, You should see some pics of my project for the last week. Spent a few evenings in the garage installing the LED accent lights on the new bike. They are Joe Floridas with a remote control that strobes several different patterns, goes from off/dim to brightest/high and back down or lights up at 25, 50 75 or 100% brightness.
What do you folks think? I can't ride it any, too much snow and salt on the roads yet but at least I can wrench on it. The pictures aren't the best, for sure, but it's hard to get good quality pictures at dusk or dark and you can't see them in the daylight too well at all.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It will get you noticed at night thumb up Because you asked I am not a real fan of any accent LEDs. It has always reminded me of the bikes from TRON even before the new release BUT.... Different strokes for different folks, that it is what makes custom bikes so much fun.

cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes B, I got the remote control and can go over 100yds and turn all the functions on or off. When I hook them up I run most all of them with a 9 volt battery. Several hours of work and 9 volt lights them up during the whole install. They say it will stay lit all night and although I believe it I haven't gotten the courage to try it.
Hey Bigsea, Your not hurting my feelings. I agree 100% that's why there are so many different bikes and acc.
I actually think they look better turned down to 25 or 50%. It is more sutle. Just doesn't jump out at you.
Ride Safe all,
Smoke

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Looks great. Leave them on for a few hours and watch the battery voltage. If it doesn't drop significantly (which it shouldn't), you will feel braver to leave them on all night. thumb up

Lucky for you, no need to buy Christmas trees anymore! :ltr:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I love LEDs, especially blue, and I think it looks great. I think best effect would be to dial it back a bit so it glows and is not too blinding. What I'd really like to see is a glowing blue 106 on the cheese wedge. If someone made that I'd be all over it :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
thumb upthumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts