Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I suppose there's not way to put this delicately...

For those who own an Xbike with the hand holds installed: Have any of your +size passengers complained about the handholds being uncomfortable? you know... digging into their wide a$$?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My passenger isn't plus sized but complains about the hand holds. The are cold/hot, and vibrate a lot, and generally useless. The problem may be that she has to spread her legs wide to fit around my plus sized ass. At any rate, I'm thinking of taking them off. They're standard on the Yamaha RSV and actually useful. Big $300 dollar disappointment on the XCT. I've raised the passenger floorboards to the highest setting hoping that will help. She hasn't ridden since that change (at least not on the XCT). If that isn't more comfortable for her I'll be removing them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My passenger has a perfect apple bottomed shaped a$$ and she loves them. She says my a$$ is nice too.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Pictures

Most want to see pictures,but this maybe a case of no butts if to large a subject.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There isn't really much need for them as most passengers will feel secure with just having their feet/calves between the drivers legs and the bags.

As far a wide a$$es go the Cross bikes are designed for larger people. Those wide saddlebags will make almost any butt look small!

Bujee please don't post post pictures of your a$$ - we'll just take your wifes word on it.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Has anyone here installed the grad handles? My dealer installed mine. I'm thinking of pulling them off and wondering if I'll be missing any stock parts, shorter bolts, or whatever.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just tell her... "No hunney....those grab bars don't make your ass look bigger...." :ltr:

My wife loves them!thumb up

Maybe you should get an airhawk or something to make the seat larger and protect her sensitive butt.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I originally wanted the hand holds because the ones on my RSV were perfect for attaching my back seat bag when I travel. On the Victory they just don't work for me and the bag attachments I use. I've only played with the heated seat on once occasion and found the hand holds made it difficult to reach the seat switches with gloves on. They do a a little chrome which is always nice, otherwise I haven't found any practical uses.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I originally wanted the hand holds because the ones on my RSV were perfect for attaching my back seat bag when I travel. On the Victory they just don't work for me and the bag attachments I use. I've only played with the heated seat on once occasion and found the hand holds made it difficult to reach the seat switches with gloves on. They do a a little chrome which is always nice, otherwise I haven't found any practical uses.
They are also an easy place to lock your helmet if you don't have a trunk.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Forgot about that. I have often locked my helmet and Jacket to the hand holds. When traveling the trunk is full. My wife went for her first real ride on the XCT yesterday (300+ miles) and decided she was comfortable enough. If her legs were longer perhaps all would be well. Fifty four degrees on the North Shore of Lake Superior so I was going to turn on her seat heat. The grab handles are a real pain when trying to reach the switches with gloved hands. Once again, I think Victory had a good idea, but poor execution. Wife did mention that touching the cold handles when seated on a heated seat was a little strange. The Yamaha handles are vinyl covered so much more comfortable hot or cold... and better positioned.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My wife is a size 10 (140 lbs) and says they're useless for her. A waste of money, but oh well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So the Dealership where I just bought my bike is throwing this accessory in for free (along with the chrome guards for the top of the saddlebags) - is it worth it for free???

Do the passenger hand-holds attach to the frame of the bike or... where do they attach?
One rider told me that the hand-holds were a GREAT help should you ever have to "pick up" the bike....

Yes? No? True? False?

:confused:

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
So the Dealership where I just bought my bike is throwing this accessory in for free (along with the chrome guards for the top of the saddlebags) - is it worth it for free???

Do the passenger hand-holds attach to the frame of the bike or... where do they attach?
One rider told me that the hand-holds were a GREAT help should you ever have to "pick up" the bike....

Yes? No? True? False?

I never liked the way the passenger hand holds looked and wife never used them so I sold them. The bag lid rails on the other hand keep me from messing the lids up with my boots when I get on.

·
Registered
460 Posts

Yes? No? True? False?

I haven't had to pick up my bike since I got the grab bars but I imagine they will help. My wife likes them. I like the twisties so I guess it may depend some on your riding style.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My wife is a size 6 and short legged, the first time on the bike she hated the passenger hand holds. She now says she can live with them. They are handy a spot to lock things to. They would be handy if you ever had to pick up a dropped bike. They would be handy to bungee things on the back seat. They make reaching the seat switches difficult. Wife can "live with them" but doesn't really like them. They vibrate, and can be either hot or cold. They conflict with the hardware on my back seat bag. Already some scratches on the hand hold chrome. I'm still thinking of taking them off. Dealer installed them so I'm not sure if I would be missing any spacers, sorter bolts, or whatever. No one here has chimed in to answer that question. Called the dealer and found out the person who installed them is no longer working there, so they didn't know. I'll be making the two hour plus ride to the dealer tomorrow to get the luggage rack for the trunk that was back ordered. Maybe they will have a XCT on the floor. So few Victories around it is difficult to check out any options before buying and installing. From the mix reviews of the grab handles here I'm sure many are left wondering about there desirability on a XCT.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
If anyone wants to sell their grab handles for a fair price. I'm interested. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
While think they are overpriced like most Vic Accessories .. Wife likes them now and then if doing some road carving, but for the most part they are just a Chrome Add on ..

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
While think they are overpriced like most Vic Accessories .. Wife likes them now and then if doing some road carving, but for the most part they are just a Chrome Add on ..
I kinda figured that. But it's always nice having some "OH ****" bars just in case.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have them on my Cross Country Tour and my wife loves them and they do not bother her at all. They are so well built you could lift the rear of the bike with them and they would support it with no problem.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts