Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that there is a small torx bolt holding the baffle in on xbows, there doesn't seem to be a bolt on my new xbows. There is a small hole facing the swingarm but no bolts from what I can tell. Are the baffle bolts under the heat shield. Thanks for helping the new guy out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I put this post in the wrong section and have no idea how to move it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I can't answer your question, but you now have two post in and can post elsewhere.
And welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
p_a_guy- yes that hole opposite the swing arm about 4 inches up from the end is indeed the bolt that holds the baffles in the x-bows. Those bolts have an Allan key head.

Once you've removed them, and there's only one per pipe from memory, simply use some long nosed pliers and gently work your way around the baffle lips to loosen the baffles- they are notorious for being stuck. If they are stuck, spray WD40 inside liberally and wait 1/2 an hour, then try again. If that doesnt work- repeat until it does work...lol

thumb up

Reactions: p_a_guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i think somebody got to victory. There isnt any allen screw in here just baffle packing. I think the newer ones might be non removable. I can see light from the outside theough the hole, no sign of any bolt. Thanks for the inf though.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hmm...that doesn't sound right. I'd guess that someone has taken the bolt out- try to work the baffles out with long nose pliers.

I have a mate here who recently got a Hammer, and got some xbows fitted by the shop- they had bolts in them, and they can't have been old pipes from the shop.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Sounds like the security torx are missing.
Aha! Talk of the devil :laugh

The what Dave? Security torx? Is that from the flux capacitor?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Aha! Talk of the devil :laugh

The what Dave? Security torx? Is that from the flux capacitor?
LOL..... Yes they are Torx head not Allen head.

But as you're not supposed to take them out they have a pin in the socket end so a normal Torx head won't fit. Just need to buy a "Security Torx" head tool.

At least they were on my bike. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres another question has anyone had a problem running lean with their baffles out and stage 1 flash? Or has everyone remaped with fuel computers? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts