Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had x-bow pipes installed on my vic gunner..look great and aren't too loud..perfect....however the popping on decel from like 3rd gear to 2nd or just shifting up from the low gears...(hate it).. will this always happen? is this normal? had everything done at a vic dealer..
thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Did they do the stage one flash ? Check the flange nuts at the exhaust where the pipes attach to the head , should be 12ft lbs , a leaking gasket will cause popping . Try disconnecting your 02 sensors and see if that makes a difference , if not reconnect them , if its better , leave them unplugged .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill check for leaks...it was installed at the dealer and was told kit came with its own hi flow filter and flash code from vic....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Keep in mind when changing out the stock exhaust , some popping will be present , there is no avoiding it .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mags is correct...you can't really avoid it. There are some things you can do (idle air valve, PCV, tuning, timing wheel, etc...) to decrease it but inevitably it will pop some. Try not to ride it like a sport bike and you will see less popping

·
13,251 Posts
Did they do the stage one flash ? Check the flange nuts at the exhaust where the pipes attach to the head , should be 12ft lbs , a leaking gasket will cause popping . Try disconnecting your 02 sensors and see if that makes a difference , if not reconnect them , if its better , leave them unplugged .
what Mags said but it might take 3 or 4 times to get them tight. Check after each ride

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Minimum right wrist movement between shifts equals minimum popping.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it definitely pops,,more so when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd..however i just realized my dealer took out the baffles (thought i wanted them out)...thats why its so pronounced ..anyways wondering if i should put the baffles back in to reduce the popping sound....however I'm getting used to the louder pipes, just hate the popping every time from 3rd to 2nd....anyone else ever put the baffles back (unfortunately i can't compare)...I just want it somewhat louder than stock..
appreciate all the help
Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok baffles back in and pipes are perfect,,no real popping and louder than stock.....and my ears will last now.....thanks for the help though...ride on/safe

·
Registered
169 Posts
are exhausts that loud that people cry about their ears? I don't like the constant wind noise so I wear earplugs or put my earbuds in...is this uncommon or something?

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Just personal preference,,,i don't put anything in my ears...all good
My audiologist daughter likes people like you. Her clients are getting younger as time goes by she sez. :crzy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts