Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys , got a question. Still waiting to see the new blcak and silver flamed XC , But also like the Anti Freeze Green

I have been to (2) dealers and asked the question if you can get a color / decal matched trunk as an option. Nonody knows

Anybody know on this site?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you CAN'T get an anti-freeze green trunk (unless, of course, you buy any ol' trunk, and have a painter do custom work). Here's what I believe is going on:

- Vic stopped selling trunks as options for the 2012 model year. That is, you either get an XCT (i.e., with trunk and all the other XCT goodies, like the lower pods) or you get an XC (i.e., no trunk, has forged bars, etc.).

- So, since the green is an XC-only color, no (green) trunk, no (green) lowers, etc. Saw one on Friday at the NYC show.

- The XCT comes in assorted colors for '12 and '13, and the green is not one of them.

- The Ness XCT comes in yellow for '13, and I believe that's it. The yellow trunk, by the way, doesn't appear to have any special paint, decals, etc. Saw one on Friday, too.

That's what I think is going on now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Contact Tim at Coastal Victory (843-651-9799). I know he can help you get an antifreeze green trunk.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Contact Tim at Coastal Victory (843-651-9799). I know he can help you get an antifreeze green trunk.
I'd really like a follow-up on this, if anyone finds that a green trunk is available. It was my understanding -- looking at official Vic option pages for the last year or more -- that when the Tour was released ('12 model year), Vic's position became:

If you want a trunk, but a Tour; if you don't want a trunk, buy a regular Cross Country.

Prior to the introduction of the official Tour, they gave you the option of converting a Cross Country (introduced for the '10 model year) into a Tour-LIKE bike, and then when the actual Tour came along, there was no longer a need to provide this capability (i.e., they would be fighting with themselves).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Coastal Victory/hotvic.com have been painting dashs and chin spoilers to match for a couple years now. They built the bike that inspired ma vic to run the green flame bike. Their painter has the antifreeze green paint straight from the factory. Long story short, coastal victory can get you an antifreeze trunk, or any color for that matter.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Coastal Victory/hotvic.com have been painting dashs and chin spoilers to match for a couple years now. They built the bike that inspired ma vic to run the green flame bike. Their painter has the antifreeze green paint straight from the factory. Long story short, coastal victory can get you an antifreeze trunk, or any color for that matter.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts