Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cruise control on my XC stopped working shortly after I purchased the bike. Would not lock in when the SET button was pressed. Waited till my 500mi maintenance to have the dealer fix the cruise. Turns out the cruise cable slipped out of the bracket located behind the right side cover (cheese wedge). The loose cable did not have enough tension to engage the cruise. Mechanic showed me how to reinstall - basically just snapping the cable back into the bracket. Literally a 10 second fix.

Perhaps this is a known issue/repair. Just thought i would pass it along in case others encounter the issue.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You cruise should disengage when you hit the front brake, rear brake, or the clutch. If it doesn't you need to get it into the dealer.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Does your Cruise Control disengage when you pull the clutch lever in ? Mine doesn't.
While riding today I thought about this question and tested it. Mine didn't disengage when I pulled in the clutch either. It does when I hit either brake though.

What will happen if I continued to let the rpm's build is the motor will shut off. That program is built into the ECM and is the reason for the motor to shut off occasionally which mine use to do but has stopped, for the most part, since changing my throttle blipping habits and disconnecting the O2 sensors.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Clutch switch will not INSTANTLY shut off the cruise. Cruise computer looks for RPM jump, and then shuts down. Generally speaking it will shoot up about 1500 RPM before it cuts out. All happens pretty quickly, but when you do it; it seems to take forever

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Clutch switch will not INSTANTLY shut off the cruise. Cruise computer looks for RPM jump, and then shuts down. Generally speaking it will shoot up about 1500 RPM before it cuts out. All happens pretty quickly, but when you do it; it seems to take forever
In that case, I guess the clutch is the worst way for you to disengange your cruise control. :ltr:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I held the clutch in longer today and the RPM went up then the cruise shut off.

On my Wing it shuts off instantly thumb up

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the way the clutch/cruise works; if the bike begins to bog due to climbing a substantial grade in 6th, it gives you a chance to downshift without having to "resume" the cruise feature.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I like the way the clutch/cruise works; if the bike begins to bog due to climbing a substantial grade in 6th, it gives you a chance to downshift without having to "resume" the cruise feature.
Yep!thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Nice! That explains it... thumb up cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts