Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, In dire need of some sound on my XC want to hear from ya's about what you got and or what you like. I'm looking for something deep and loud, just not overly obnoxious. I know about the D&D's but thats bout it. I know I'm being Lazy here but just wanted to get any input on any new pipes that I've not heard of.

Thanks Folks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Another option

Got some Arizona Slammers from Arizona Victory. They are reasonable I heard if bought from them. I got them when I got my XR from them. They did reprogram the fuel system also at the same time. Just an idea. It might be cheaper than D&D's. They have a sound track on their web site. They compare stock, Victory performance mufflers and their Arizona slammers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ness Big Honkers for me. I love 'em. Throaty. I would prefer a little louder, but they are slightly louder than D& D's, and same pitch. Bassani is now making a 2-1 system, it looks good, but I haven't heard one in person.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bassani and Atom Bombs lookin like options

I've checked youtube for some vids of different systems and I really like the Bassani Road Rage and the Atom Bombs. Any of y'all have these pipes?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone have a DB ratings on any of these pipes? I'm particularly interested in seeing how Ness, D&D and Atom Bomb 2.25" compare???

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the atom bombs and I'm happy with the sound for the price. The above video is a good represntation of the sound. I heard some d&ds in person last week and they were much deeper, but also in your pocket. I plan to keep mine unless a 2 to 1 is found to make a big difference in performance. IMHO the atom bombs are hard to beat for the price. Oh yeah, don't try the drilling out your stock pipes, I thought it sounded stupid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the atom bombs and I'm happy with the sound for the price. The above video is a good represntation of the sound. I heard some d&ds in person last week and they were much deeper, but also in your pocket. I plan to keep mine unless a 2 to 1 is found to make a big difference in performance. IMHO the atom bombs are hard to beat for the price. Oh yeah, don't try the drilling out your stock pipes, I thought it sounded stupid.
The Ness - Honkers also seem to be a popular choice, have you heard those in person?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I myself have not. I've heard stock, drilled out, atom bombs and the d&ds. There's been a lot of discussion on other sites and I think the honkers and atom bombs are very similar if I remember correctly. Those d&ds did sound good though. If I was going to spend the money for pipes again I would go for power over sound, 2 to 1 most likely. Lloydz will have some good comparisons I hope with his new filter coming out soon. He seems to try about every option, at least when the torque tubes came out he had.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am getting the Bassani Road Rage on Monday. I considered D&D Ness Big Honkers and Ness Thunder that just came out a few weeks ago. I know they were working with Thunderheader to design them. The reason I went with Bassani because I wanted a full system that had some bark but the best overall power increase.cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting the Bassani Slip-ons put on next week. Honda East is doing the work, so far they've been pretty easy to deal with. Looking forward to finally get some sound outta the Vic. Let y'all know how it turns out.cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rpw

I have RPW exhausts on my XC. The mechanic at the Victory Dealer in Kyle, TX rode my bike last week and wanted to know what kind of pipes I have. They want to install them on their bikes.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Giving this thread a bump because I'm interested in WHERE one could purchase the Atom Bombs. I seem to be missing something with them. Are these automotive mufflers and is that why I can't find them on any of the motorcycle sites?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went with the cfr exhaust. after hearing every set of pipes in person these had the best sound to me. plus I love the look of the tips.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Black?

Hey boys. I am in the process of moving from my JP to a XC. I've seen some nice black RPWs out there but it is my understanding that they cannot be purchased that way, according to the RPW site anyhow.

Are there any good pipes out there that have the option of coming in black? I'd rather not have to paint them myself.

Hollar at your boy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just bought them out right..(AtomBombs)..still cheaper than most, i think you can send him yours after you get the new ones and get a core charge back.
For the $...you cant go wrong

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
... Are there any good pipes out there that have the option of coming in black? I'd rather not have to paint them myself...
D&D's can be purchased in chrome or flat black.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts