Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today @ the 460 mile mark I decided to pull the trunk off my 2011 XC to enjoy it in it's sleeker, stealthier mode. I drove it about 60 miles today on twistys as well as Higher interstate speeds (70MPH).

There is a HUGE difference on the interstate at speed and with cross winds. A large amount of buffeting that exists with the trunk goes away without it there. The weight of the missing trunk is detectable but it is minimal and not nearly the factor that the aerodynamics are on this bike.

Having stated these details. I'm putting the trunk back on tomorrow. The rear speakers really DO make the stereo on this bike SO MUCH better. I only have the stock windscreen & so I am also considering changing to a different windshield which should help the buffeting and may even add the inter-crash bar wind deflectors to see how they affect the aero characteristics of this ride.

·
Registered
381 Posts
trunk

I have not noticed any change in aerodynamics with or w/o the trunk. However, the bike does handle way better without it. Most noticeable is low speed maneuvering/parking feels a little top heavy when the trunk is on. Yes the stereo sounds great with the extra speakers but I love the looks so much better with the trunk off.
As for buffeting, you will find 75% comes directly off the windshield. I have a 17" Cee Baileys for winter riding but use a 13" for summer.

Good luck & enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts