Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally lowered the aim of my headlight. ever since I installed the 1.5 inch lowering link my headlight has been too high. The service manual said loosening the two adjustment screws would lower the beam angle so I loosened them as far as they would go and it didn't lower the angle. I started searching the forums for a solution but couldnt find one. Then I decided to try the adjustment screws one more time and figured out that you have to tighten the screws to lower the beam angle. Now all is good in the man cave. I'm pretty sure the service manual has it backwards. Anyone else come to this conclusion?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
never looked at the service manual for headlight adjustment, but yes tightening it draws the top of the headlight closer, aiming it down.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have run across the same thing. I had to turn the screws the opposite from what the manual stated

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Same here , screw in to go down , back out to go up .

·
Registered
281 Posts
Interesting, seems backwards! I just ponyed-up for an LED headlight, and haven't adjusted it yet. Looks like a two man job from the manual. At some point I may try to measure it. Is it necessary when changing a stock height bike To LED?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Interesting, seems backwards! I just ponyed-up for an LED headlight, and haven't adjusted it yet. Looks like a two man job from the manual. At some point I may try to measure it. Is it necessary when changing a stock height bike To LED?
When I went from stock to LED , mine was pointing into the sky ! Needed immediate adjustment .

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
they are not all that adjusted from the factory, but with the stock bulbs you dont notice so much, when i did the vichid kit mine was looking for coon in the tree tops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts