Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my first victory and 2 days later broke down in side of road. Ran out of gas. This is when notice dash gauges are failing. Took to dealer. Victory is blaming after market digital guard Dawg system. They claim can't add any none victory electrical. What a bunch bs. Will never recommend a victory motorcycle if this is how they think and work. Just left my Yamaha with 100k miles and never was stuck on side of road. Very disappointed new xc owner.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I will let the idiots take it off and if don't fix they will be putting back on all at there expense. I will play there game. Just not happy I bought this pos

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I am new to this forum but I have never seen such a bunch of whiners in my life. Calling a bike a POS because it runs out of gas? Another guy strips a bolt when taking off the stock exhaust. Amazing. I have bought and owned a variety of cars and bikes, hell my Kawasaki 3 cylinder had the middle piston crystalize. Never thought of the bike as a POS. I have a gas gauge on my bike and I never trust it. If I am going out for a long ride I set the trip, fill up and off I go. In 40 years of riding I have NEVER run out of gas.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
The bike is hardly a POS because of an inaccurate gas gauge. Tell your dealer to do the resistance test as outlined in the manual for the sender and they will find the problem; without cutting back into your electronics. My money says that when they pull the pump they will find the sender is not properly clipped in place. If the tank was roughly set upside down when it was off for DGD install That could happen. Before you say it. The tank was never designed to deal with being in that position, and it would not be a design flaw; it would be lack of attention to detail by a mechanic

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They did all resistance tests and its all at the dash. The cluster is one unit and when the called to get it replaced victory says never seen one go bad and blaming Guard Dawg system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok dave yes on long trips but was in town right after purchase and was relying on 3 things to stop this from happening. Like you never in 37 years of ridding ran out of gas. This was a first. No a whiner just ticked off and don't like the bs I am getting about aftermarket alarm

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Ok dave yes on long trips but was in town right after purchase and was relying on 3 things to stop this from happening. Like you never in 37 years of ridding ran out of gas. This was a first. No a whiner just ticked off and don't like the bs I am getting about aftermarket alarm
Understand your being irritated, and I am not calling you a whiner. If you feel that way. My apologies.
Thing is that I think you are going to a multi line dealer, and they are used a failure on another brand bike. Then they tried to shortcut you. To properly test the sender. IT MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE TANK, and I'll bet money that it was not done that way. Victory tech used the info at hand, and made a call, but I don't believe they had all the info.

BTW my guess is based on having experienced this on a customers bike, and not just pulling crap out of the air

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Well I will let the idiots take it off and if don't fix they will be putting back on all at there expense. I will play there game. Just not happy I bought this pos
Let's see here..

..and if (they) don't fix (it) ... putting (it) ... at (their) expense. I will play (their) game.

"Idiots", let's not be so harsh.

As for your Victory 'POS', I agree, I ran out of gas in my car ONCE when I miscalculated a long stretch of road with no gas stations.. that Subaru I was driving was such a piece of **** to let me do that!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Seriously though, sounds like the gauge had a problem, again, doesn't make the motorcycle a POS, but if something YOU did or had done aftermarket contributed to a problem then Victory is off the hook here. Either way, stuff WILL go wrong from time to time, that's what happens with mechanical things. Sucks.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Maybe whiner was a little over the top. My problem is that these things are machines and something can go wrong and it will. I have had Kawasaki, Yamahas, Harleys, and now a Victory. Kevin saved my ass on a voltage regulator connector. But the loose connection was my fault not the bikes. The Vic is the best bike I have owned. The fun factor of riding one outweighs a few glitches here and there. My point is some of these things are self inflicted and definitely not the machine's fault. Gas, stripping bolts etc and then calling Victory a POS is just something I don't understand. My buddy in IL bought a Vision and drove on a 2,000 mile trip with 2 of his Harley buddies. 2,000 miles no problem, Harleys both flat bedded at one point in the ride. One major issue on very small issue that all 3 could not figure out. But after talking with my Victory buddy he convinced me they are great bikes. Hope it goes better for you this week.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Personally I have done all the work myself so far. Kevin X has been immensely helpful as has the forum. There is a Victory dealer in Peoria, Mesa and Phoenix and one in Tucson. Guys in Tucson are far but will give you advice over the phone.

·
13,002 Posts
If you want to check your Gard dog look on youtube there is a install video.

By the way who did install it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am new to this forum but I have never seen such a bunch of whiners in my life. Calling a bike a POS because it runs out of gas? Another guy strips a bolt when taking off the stock exhaust. Amazing. I have bought and owned a variety of cars and bikes, hell my Kawasaki 3 cylinder had the middle piston crystalize. Never thought of the bike as a POS. I have a gas gauge on my bike and I never trust it. If I am going out for a long ride I set the trip, fill up and off I go. In 40 years of riding I have NEVER run out of gas.
I agree!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts