Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I notice that the rear seat I just got used didn’t come with the plastic bushings that need to go on my 2016 XC saddlebag support bars to stop the seat from sliding side to side and rattling around. 2 are needed on each connection point (a flanged and non-flanged one at each). Anyone had any luck making something from readily found abs/pvc as the dealer wants over $100 for these 8 small pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
These are an off-the-shelf item at bearing supply stores. Go in with the shaft diameter and length you require,

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
A guy on Facebook sale group sells them for cheap not OEM but supposed to work. $35 for a set I think.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
A guy on Facebook sale group sells them for cheap not OEM but supposed to work. $35 for a set I think.
He's making a good profit on $2 item you can get at bearing stores.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well since OP doesn't have them now they probably need the measurements to be able to find an equivalent.

·
13,087 Posts
I'll bet if you take a good one and go to a HD dealer they would have them maybe even JP Cycle might be used is a different application then what Vic uses them for Hell maybe even hardware store in them little bins they have

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dad made me a full set or Lock-n-Ride backrest bushings in black on his 3D printer. I will be going up to see him later today. I can ask to see what colors he can make them in and how much they would cost. I'm sure he can do them for no more than the $35 from "the guy on facebook".

If anyone is interested, he even has his own YouTube channel: Paul's Messy Workshop where he did a review of his 3D printer about a year ago. He has since made a few videos of projects he has made. If your bushings are the same as the lock-n-ride backrest bushings, he already has the dimensions and design. Otherwise, if you can measure / draw what you want, he can draw it up on his CAD program and feed it into his 3D printer.

PM me if you would like.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3CrTFLtWuBYbOFuMA3przg
Review:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That is great your dad can make them but still not necessary. The bushings are EASILY available at local hardware stores or web based hardware supply stores for little to nothing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is great your dad can make them but still not necessary. The bushings are EASILY available at local hardware stores or web based hardware supply stores for little to nothing.
Yes, you can get something that works from hardware stores. That is certainly the more economical way to go, that's for sure.

The main advantage of using a 3D printer is that they are the exact dimensions of the factory spacers and can be made in many different colors. It all depends on what is important.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, you can get something that works from hardware stores. That is certainly the more economical way to go, that's for sure.

The main advantage of using a 3D printer is that they are the exact dimensions of the factory spacers and can be made in many different colors. It all depends on what is important.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You're right, it is important to get the correct size bushing which as I mentioned are easily available. Color is not important so still trying to figure out your point.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Much like the shifter bushings that get sold for crazy high money by the well known Vic shops. Plenty of people will also pay for overpriced trunk bushings instead of bothering to look for alternatives.
I think easy money is the point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts