Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone measure theirs for me? i am going to make one, mine is going to be 12" long and 14" wide, i just want to make sure its close to the vic size so i can still carry a tour bag if needed. thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ImageUploadedByMO Free1398823631.924293.jpg
this is what i came up with, i drew it up and took it to work and had it lasered , i welded it, and tomorrow going back for powdercoat. its 14" wide at the widest and 12" deep, looks like it should do the trick.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Looks good.

Here is the one I made.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Sorry no pics. Just the 2 1/4" mild steel struts to mount to the BR. I cut them trapezoidal to blend with the design and it should be strong enough.
I didn't see the need for lateral gussets, it's just a rack not tool bar on a cat.. Lol...

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have the Victory trunk rack. I must say I miss the old round tube racks of the past. Have a tail bag with build in bungees and plastic hooks. A snap to hook to round tubes, a bit of a pain with the Vic rack. I also often use a cable to secure my jacket and helmet with one of those combination carabiner locks. That too is much easier to lock to a round tube. Just thought some designing their own racks may want to think about what and how they will attach things.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10