Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I own a Vision now and am a very tall rider (6'6" tall -- 34" inseam). For some reason, the foor controls cannot be extended like a cruiser bike and have left the riding position just plan uncomfortable for me (even after they have been adjusted to the furthest position). I love the looks of the XC (who doesn't?) and thinking of trading the Vision in for one. Hoping this newer model will also allow for more flexibility for my frame.

Before I do, can anyone tell me if they have made mods to their XC accomodate a taller rider? Would love any and all advice before taking the plunge -- particularly the foot controls. Thank you!

·
Registered
69 Posts
All,

I own a Vision now and am a very tall rider (6'6" tall -- 34" inseam). For some reason, the foor controls cannot be extended like a cruiser bike and have left the riding position just plan uncomfortable for me (even after they have been adjusted to the furthest position). I love the looks of the XC (who doesn't?) and thinking of trading the Vision in for one. Hoping this newer model will also allow for more flexibility for my frame.

Before I do, can anyone tell me if they have made mods to their XC accomodate a taller rider? Would love any and all advice before taking the plunge -- particularly the foot controls. Thank you!
I'm 6'3", with a 32" inseam. I find the XC perfect for me. Had to get the taller shield and lowers for the buffeting, but otherwise I don't require any mods.

I honestly don't see much room for changing up the foot position on this bike. The crash bar is in the way of forward controls, even if someone made them.

·
Premium Member
13,172 Posts
Some people are having good luck with the Kewlmetal peg bracket that bolts to the inside of the crash bars and the Kury offset foot peg bracket.

Still other or fabbing up their own brackets and using these or other foot peg set up's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For the foot controls, it has nothing to do with your height, but your inseam. My inseam is 34" and I find the foot controls comfortable. Love the fact that I can stretch my legs out along the floorboards without having to install pegs.

If the XC and Vision are exactly the same distance from the seat to the foot controls, then I guess theres nothing you can do. I understand the length of the metal part of the foot controls come in one size, so that cant be adjustable. BUT, I do not know if the distance from the footpegs to the seat is different between those bikes? All I can say is with my 34 inch inseam, its comfortable.

I know you can purchase aftermarket forward controls in longer lengths, (I did that with my Harley Ultra Classic) but I do not know if any fit the Victory.

·
Registered
528 Posts
All,

Do you have them pushed all the way forward?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
528 Posts
You must have some serious inseam. I have a 30 inch inseam and can not reach the controls when they are all the way forward. I have them all the way back now and it would be helpful if they were another 1-1 1/2 inch more rearward.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm 6'2" with 36" inseam. I moved the controls to the forward most position. Works well for me. Gives a good stretch. Highway bar would likely be in the way if you moved any further forward -if that was an option. To date I haven't installed hwy pegs. Don't particularly like the look and can get by resting heals on the boards and forefoot on the hwy bar for a similar effect.

Also went with a 12" Gustaffson Euroflip windshield. Works good to push the air overhead and reduce buffeting, but wish I had gone with 13".

·
Registered
79 Posts
controls

hey billy. you and i have the same problem, but it not the controls, it's the seat height that makes us uncomfortable. the seating position is designed for medium to short(excuse me) guys. I may go back to a sport tourer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey billy. you and i have the same problem, but it not the controls, it's the seat height that makes us uncomfortable. the seating position is designed foe medium to short(excuse me) guys. I may go back to a sport tourer.
Thanks, everyone --

What would a sport tourer be in the Victory line -- an XC?

·
Registered
79 Posts
XC

if i go with the XC, i will have the seat built up 1''. they just don't build bikes for us tall guys, we just have to adjust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts