Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
I have a question for the vast knowledge and experience of this forum.

I'm looking at adding a bagger to my garage, and am looking at the XC or XCT.
Question is, I much prefer the current color options on the XC. What additions are made to the XCT, and could you do them aftermarket on the XC.
I know there is the obvious of the tour pack, and I know that can be had afterwards. Otherwise the only real addition I saw was the heated grips/seat.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
355 Posts
The tour comes with the lowers and tour pack. If you had to buy those and have them painted it would be more than just going with the tour now. I believe there is more added to the tour but in my eyes those 2 additions for the difference in money would have me on a tour. No questions asked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Greetings!
I have a question for the vast knowledge and experience of this forum.

I'm looking at adding a bagger to my garage, and am looking at the XC or XCT.
Question is, I much prefer the current color options on the XC. What additions are made to the XCT, and could you do them aftermarket on the XC.
I know there is the obvious of the tour pack, and I know that can be had afterwards. Otherwise the only real addition I saw was the heated grips/seat.

What am I missing?
trunk =$1750 lowers=$900 lower air vents $200 heated grips $200 heated seat $600 passenger floor boards$350?? I think power kit for lowers $55 ipod cord for lowers $99 bag rails $350 trunk and lowers come painted

·
Registered
35 Posts
trunk =$1750 lowers=$900 lower air vents $200 heated grips $200 heated seat $600 passenger floor boards$350?? I think power kit for lowers $55 ipod cord for lowers $99 bag rails $350 trunk and lowers come painted
forgot the tall windshield most dealer will swap out if not its windshield of choice plus brackets as they mount differently or after market

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
As has been posted, there are a LOT of differences between the CC and the CCT. If at all possible, I'd go with the CCT as it's the best bargain in the line up. Clearly I'm biased towards the CCT as I bought one last year. I wanted the pearl white one so my dealer found a new, zero mile one at another dealer and had it sent over for me.

My initial thought was I'd only use the trunk when my wife would be going with me. In reality, I've never even attempted to remove the trunk as it's so very convenient having it mounted. We ride a lot in many weather conditions so the tall windscreen, the trunk, the heated grips, the heated seat and the lowers have all been greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Agree with all above...
However, if the color is not available in the XC, then you can add stuff as you wish. If you don't need a trunk, you can save ton and get the other stuff a LOT cheaper than a paint job.

I can't see needing a trunk unless going on a MANY day trip. The stock bags are huge. The trunk also adds extra weight up high to a bike that is somewhat "tippy"(IMHO) by nature.

·
13,003 Posts
Buy one with the color matching trunk. Yes it coast more now but it fits and doesn't look like a after though. get quick detach hardware that way it takes minuets to take off and put on like five minuets.
Where you live lowers and heated grips would let you ride earlier in the year and later in the year. Ask about unlock gages.
Someday your going to want to sell it. Do a search there are dealers that have new 13 still on the floor.
So with all these features it will make it more desirable for another buyer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, appreciate the info and advice.
For those that ride often with their SO's, how is the comfort of the pass backrest vs. the tailpack?
Honestly the main reason for the tailpack would be the speakers and backrest for the wife.
Lowers I'm indifferent about (I'm coming off a sport bike, what is wind protection?) and the heated grips I'm sure I can add after the fact.

I really like the blacked out look on the Red, white, or Titanium XC, and not a fan of the T offerings. I'd really love to find one in the burnt orange!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know about the backrest on the XC or XCT. I have the XCT so have no need for a backrest. I did swap with a friend who has a Street Glide with a backrest and I asked my wife how she liked the backrest and she said to never swap again that the trunk was so much more comfortable. That is all I have to offer. On a side note my friend is looking closely at the XCT and Vision (his wife liked the seat and trunk on my XCT a lot more).

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I think bama has hit the nail on the head! If your wife gets the feel of the of the trunk rest, she will probably never want to go with just a backrest. If you never have a trunk rest, she'll never know what she's missing :)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i bought the xc thinking i didnt need the extra stuff , still kicking myself, i have added homeade lowers to help with buffeting, heated handgrips to help when its cold snd want a trunk because yes the bags hold a lot, but they are odd shaped so seems nothing i need to carry fits! i say go xct!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
forgot the tall windshield most dealer will swap out if not its windshield of choice plus brackets as they mount differently or after market
Like Pop always says Do The Math.

Remind me again of the benefits of a short windshield.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I've never understood why the Cross Country is so popular. It seems there are endless threads about the wind buffeting. I suppose some are happy with the bike as delivered, but it seems many are not. I've been riding with a trunk, lowers, and real windshields since the early 1980s, so my opinion of what a motorcycle should look like may be biased. I did cut a couple of inches off the stock windshield, but haven't had to spend any cash to make the XCT comfortable on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Go for the T. easier and cheaper to take things off then add them later.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought I might not need the trunk. I didn't know if I liked the look of the trunk. Didn't take me long to get over that!! Love the trunk. Love the speakers, and that"s where I put all my chit!! Bike handles GREAT with the trunk! Does it look cooler without?.... NOPE!!:cool: And the trunk is only one reason to go with the T. Sure glad I did.

·
Registered
45 Posts

That's a grand total of $4500.00 bucks not sure what the difference in price of CC and CCT is but if you hate the color choices that much buy a black one or left over 13 and have it painted. Then you would truly have a custom CCT or CC depending on your riding situation that day.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
CCT tippy? Never noticed my CCT being top heavy at all. It's even easier to get off the side stand than my Valkyrie Interstate was. Everyone's frame of reference is a bit different though. Neither position is right or wrong. It's just perspective.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
CCT tippy? Never noticed my CCT being top heavy at all. It's even easier to get off the side stand than my Valkyrie Interstate was. Everyone's frame of reference is a bit different though. Neither position is right or wrong. It's just perspective.
It is a frame of reference, I guess. I have rode many bikes, but this is my first touring rig. I, and others, have commented on low speed "tippyness". I was not complaining, just commenting on why I wouldn't want any additional weight up high.

It is very easy to get off the side stand for such a big bike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts