Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have question....when switching over from rear passenger pegs to rear passenger floorboards can I just install the floorboards part or do I have to do the mounts as well? Please let me know

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are there any aftermarket floorboards that work with the stock XC peg mounts, without having to redo the whole mounting hardware?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Are there any aftermarket floorboards that work with the stock XC peg mounts, without having to redo the whole mounting hardware?
Short answer: I don't know -- I have an XCT.

Longer comment: If I didn't already have an XCT -- with the three height adjustments, and some angle adjustment -- I'd look into seeing if the Rivco adjustable floorboards can be mounted. What I'm talking about are the 'Wing and H-D adjustable mounts found on this page: http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/home.php?cat=272

Now before you have a fit over the c. $400 price, I just looked at the Vic part prices (here, which is one of the cheaper places: http://www.donwoodvictory.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=1770340&category=Motorcycles&make=Victory&year=2012&fveh=118001 ), and when you realize that you have to buy two of everything, the prices are similar. You can also think about how much of an investment these bikes are.

I had something similar on my Valkyrie: see image 17 at http://www.billanddot.com/valkyrie/ if you're interested. Those were from BigBike Parts, as I recall, but they were not adjustable without using a ratchet and Allen key (kind of like the XCT boards, but they had more adjustament range). The Rivco ones, you just pull a spring-loaded pin or two, reposition, and release. In that sense, they're better than the stock XCT ones, and if I didn't already have the XCT boards, I'd contact Rivco, maybe email them some XC peg mount photos, and see what they have to say.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I took a close up look at the passenger mounts on an XCT yesterday (with factory floorboards), and they looked like the same mounts that I have on my 2013 XC.

So I would think all I need to do is get my hands on a couple of flip up factory passenger floorboards. But I can't find any website that sells just the floorboards themselves.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
My brother just ordered a set of Alen Ness floorboards for his 12 XC from custom cruising. You are supposed to only remove the snap ring(watch the snap ring) and remove the boards and put the bolt back on and the ring and ready to ride. The review of a guy who put them on is cross country only had to do what I mentioned above. So it will be interesting to see if they turn out to be that easy.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My brother just ordered a set of Alen Ness floorboards for his 12 XC from custom cruising. You are supposed to only remove the snap ring(watch the snap ring) and remove the boards and put the bolt back on and the ring and ready to ride. The review of a guy who put them on is cross country only had to do what I mentioned above. So it will be interesting to see if they turn out to be that easy.
It will be interesting to hear (and see) how it went. Definitely post back here when it's done.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Kuryakyn shows needing these for an 11 as well. I like them because you can change the angle of the floorboard to accommodate the passengers foot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anrman you talking about installing aftermarket floorboards or Vic stock ones? Bc I can see need for adapter on aftermarket ones but stock none adjustable from 2011 should just mount right on from what I can gather..but anyways mine should be here Friday I'll post pic and see how it all goes

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
2011 XC stock passenger floor boards w/ mounts

SOLD... Sorry...sold

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a set o 2011 XC stock passenger floor boards w/ mounts for sale if anyone wants to make me an offer on them. I replaced mine with 2012 adjustable ones.

Mike

Do you have any pics? Just wondering if they would fit a 2013.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts