Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Although I'm just under 5'8", I"m finding the need for more bar adjustment/comfort. Although I can reach ok, I"m not fully comfy (back) and feeling lots of road vibes at cetain RPM's. It's a new 2012 with just under 2K miles.

I'd like a pull back bar that has the jagged bends at grips like the Corey Ness bike that uses ALL stock cables.

This will be a dealer install BTW. I'm not looking to break the bank here either. I see Vic has a 2 sets showing in the 12 book, one IS a 2" pullback ($299 chrome) and looks just like what comes on the bike, the other looks like the Ness bars but I don't think they are pullbacks which doensn't help. They are called "Mitered" for ($350). With any Vic bars, I can get a bit of a discount as I am a frequent flyer with my dealer.

I"m a little leery of aftermarket bars as a set I bought before seemed a little "crooked" when I got them but may have to go this route for what I am looking for.

I see Ness has some modular bars with a thousand Allen bolts on them for $450. Way out of my price league.

I was reading a thread here on HMD that looks nice and are also pretty pricey. ($375 chrome).

I'm finding I spend a LOT more time on this bike as in longer riding that my JP and would like better reach options and would think the jagged vs. curve design may help with road vibes with some good stylish grips like say the Ness Fusion series. I"ve grown tired of the Kuryakyn ISO grip look. I had Tracker Billet grips on my old JP that worked pretty well. The Ness fushion series grips look pretty comfy.

I would like to resolve these comfort issues.

Anyone can feel free to reply to my thread, email me at [email protected], and if you want to leave a contact phone number I can call you also.

Thanks in advance to any responders..........

·
Registered
520 Posts
Guys,

Although I'm just under 5'8", I"m finding the need for more bar adjustment/comfort. Although I can reach ok, I"m not fully comfy (back) and feeling lots of road vibes at cetain RPM's. It's a new 2012 with just under 2K miles.

I'd like a pull back bar that has the jagged bends at grips like the Corey Ness bike that uses ALL stock cables.

This will be a dealer install BTW. I'm not looking to break the bank here either. I see Vic has a 2 sets showing in the 12 book, one IS a 2" pullback ($299 chrome) and looks just like what comes on the bike, the other looks like the Ness bars but I don't think they are pullbacks which doensn't help. They are called "Mitered" for ($350). With any Vic bars, I can get a bit of a discount as I am a frequent flyer with my dealer.

I"m a little leery of aftermarket bars as a set I bought before seemed a little "crooked" when I got them but may have to go this route for what I am looking for.

I see Ness has some modular bars with a thousand Allen bolts on them for $450. Way out of my price league.

I was reading a thread here on HMD that looks nice and are also pretty pricey. ($375 chrome).

I'm finding I spend a LOT more time on this bike as in longer riding that my JP and would like better reach options and would think the jagged vs. curve design may help with road vibes with some good stylish grips like say the Ness Fusion series. I"ve grown tired of the Kuryakyn ISO grip look. I had Tracker Billet grips on my old JP that worked pretty well. The Ness fushion series grips look pretty comfy.

I would like to resolve these comfort issues.

Anyone can feel free to reply to my thread, email me at [email protected], and if you want to leave a contact phone number I can call you also.

Thanks in advance to any responders..........
If you're going to spend a "Lot" of time on this bike you're being foolish to not spend another $75 and get the HMD520 bars. The HMD bars look awesome, have 2 1/2" of pullback and a more relaxed grip angle that saves the wrists. For your height I would go with the 33" width not the 35". Yes, they work with stock cables.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bikendad,

After doing some scanning around on forum threads, etc, the HMD's appear to be the logical choice. Victory has some mitered bars in their catalog, but I"m told they just "look" better and are only stock in length.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where would you find HMD bars for $75? Would love to change out my ape hangers on my new Hard Ball.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
If you're going to spend a "Lot" of time on this bike you're being foolish to not spend another $75 and get the HMD520 bars. The HMD bars look awesome, have 2 1/2" of pullback and a more relaxed grip angle that saves the wrists. For your height I would go with the 33" width not the 35". Yes, they work with stock cables.
This is ironic. I gave pretty much the same answer to this same question and poster on another forum earlier today. I said he basically answered his own question by saying he liked the HMD's and that he would regret not buying them later if he didn't spend the extra $75.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. If they're comfortable it may be worth spending the money. The apes on the hard ball look better than they feel. Wrist position is terrible and cannot ride for long periods of time. Thanks again.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
$75. LOL

I'm going to get in touch with Mike today. Thanks again for your replies.
Tell Mike I said hello and lovin my new black pullbacks. I'm 5'8" and couldnt be happier. Took care of all my fatigue when riding. No more discomfort in my elbow and shoulders. Do it !! you wont be sorry.thumb upthumb up

·
13,003 Posts
Just wondering if any of you have readjusted the stock bars trying to fit you

·
Registered
161 Posts
I installed the HMD bars and adjusted them to be 2" higher than stock and they are 33" wide. LOVE THEM! thumb up Much more comfortable for me than stock. I posted some pics here on another thread, will try and find them.
Here are the 6 pictures I posted. (I'm 6' tall)

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11976

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
Looks good. I've said it before and I'll say it again; if I were in the market for extended bars right now these would be ones I'd get.

I find it interesting that you went with soft saddlebags. Did you get those when you bought the bike or change them out afterwards?

·
Registered
161 Posts
"I find it interesting that you went with soft saddlebags. Did you get those when you bought the bike or change them out afterwards"?

I bought the soft bags from an ebay seller in may. Still in the box and a GREAT price, couldn't pass it up. I like the look of the soft bags much more than the hard bags. Not much smaller and they fit everything I need for around town riding. Will keep and install my large hard bags only for long trips. cheers

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
BBOb, what stand is that that your bike is on?
I just posted those pics for VIC11CC to make it easier for folks to see his bike. You will have to ask him what chock that is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That is a "Wheeldock" and this is there web site,
http://www.wheeldock.com/
They were having a sale on them for $199 plus shipping. Works great for holding my bike securely upright for washing, oil change, storage and general maint..:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts