Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually had the risers replaced? Polaris just has them checking them, and not replacing them unless the mechanic thinks they need it. Just to be on safe side I wish they would replace mine. I just bought my Ness XC last week that was built in Mar and I really don't want to be worrying about my bars. The parts to replace the risers,retail, are only $130.

I am worried that if the factory bars, that are knurled, might slip, How are the SRVT 2" bars that are smooth going to act.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,296 Posts
Mike, if it helps you at all, I haven't heard of anyone on any of the forums needing to have their risers replaced.

When you get your SRVT bars and if they don't tighten down right then you can always take it back to the dealer for them to replace the risers. It's a recall and not a warranty so you've got plenty of time.

I've got the SRVT +2" bars and they don't move at all. It's good to remember that the bars aren't at a 90 degree angle so the torque of you pulling on them isn't going to really amount to much like it would be if they were ape hangers at 90 degrees.

FWIW YMMV IMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts