Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has tried to move their controls forward. The linkage is too short. The stock linkage seems to be only for the rear and center position. I've heard that if I re-clock the splined gear a few teeth may fix it but that seems that it would cause binding. Did anyone order a longer linkage rod from Victory, or go to the hardware store?

·
13,002 Posts
I don't have a XC but I do know if you read your manual it will tell you to loosen your linkage lock nuts so you can movie your controls .

·
Registered
154 Posts
moving boards forward and shifter linkage help

If it will help...I moved my boards forwars and ran into the same problem...the fix was simple...I pulled the actuator arm off of the trans arm and rotated it clockwise a tooth or two. After putting everything back together with locktite...no problems at all with fitting the shift rod. No trouble shifting either. did not cost anything to do.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
If it will help...I moved my boards forwars and ran into the same problem...the fix was simple...I pulled the actuator arm off of the trans arm and rotated it clockwise a tooth or two. After putting everything back together with locktite...no problems at all with fitting the shift rod. No trouble shifting either. did not cost anything to do.

Hope this helps.
I used that same method to lower my heel shifter to a better position. Now I can heel shift w/o having to raise my foot much at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts