Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have used the factory backrest and rail unit and it works but I prefer not to have the backrest, so I am revisiting options in 2021 :cool:
I have been trying to build one from parts and I am getting close but wanted to check and see if anyone else went down this path.
I got a quick detach assembly from LA Customs and then grafted an adventure style rack on to it - I need to flatten one side to make room for the bag but I can see this working eventually...How to efficiently lash it down is my next puzzle - requires super short straps thanks to the bag design....
Would like to see what others have done - cheers!
Hood Green Automotive tire Motor vehicle Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,824 Posts
What have I done? I never take the trunk off. Too useful to be without it.

I like the idea of what you are doing though. Assuming you're just keeping the rack full time and throwing on your bag as needed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What have I done? I never take the trunk off. Too useful to be without it.

I like the idea of what you are doing though. Assuming you're just keeping the rack full time and throwing on your bag as needed?
Actually, I live in a small remote town and sadly the xc doesn’t get the use it deserves. The support is a quick release setup that I would remove for in town riding. My intent is mount the support + rack for longer rides and just take the tail bag in when I over night. Saddle bags would be loaded with gear/tools/parts/etc. Very much a work in progress as touring is a new thing to me - any and all advice welcome. I am a 58 year old dirtbiker trying to learn some new tricks. Cheers 😳

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have made some progress on grafting an adventure rack on to the XC but still on the hunt for short quick release tie down straps that leave nothing on the bike when I take the bag off. Cheers
Green Product Hood Yellow Luggage and bags

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.