Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why but I have been thinking about a set of these. But the listing I just saw showed a level sitting across the filler cap. And with the angle it apears you might draw more fuel out of the tank, but you wont be able to get as much in it as no fuel will be able to get to the most forward point. So has your range changed?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I would think if the tank is tilted up slightly in the front, you might be able to squeeze more fuel in there. But I can't see it being a major difference as the tank only lifts what, .5 inch? .75 inch? Can't say, I don't have them but I personally have no desire for them.

·
Super Moderator
4,970 Posts
I have them and I don't think you can get more fuel in.

Performance, save your money.

·
Registered
147 Posts
NO discernible difference that I can tell.
The tank is a PITA/time consuming to fill completely for long rides anyways

Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I have the Bad Ace Billet 1" tank risers. The only real world difference I ever noticed is that now when the low fuel light comes on I have less than a gallon. Prior to the tank risers it would come on at over a gallon.

I take the time to top off my tank to within an inch of the opening when I know I'm getting right back on the road for at least 40 miles or so. But topping off the tank sometimes depends on the release of the pump handle. Some of then are like a switch, all or nothing while others can be feathered to easily top off the tank.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mark, that was kind of what I was looking for and thought. With the tank "tipped" it would kind of throw the level gauge, and associated things a bit off.
Those of us that had Ventures had fueling problems topping off. A lot of us punched a hole kind of in the vertical part of that flange where we have the oval cut out. It would act like a vent so as your filling and the air has to get out, it has a place to go instead of back up and kick the pump off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts