Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell me more about how this seat compares to the stock seat? Is this seat padding any wider, taller and more comfortable for trips? Does the heating work well? I haven't been able to see one to inspect(sit on) but am considering this to extend my riding season and travel comfort.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Which seat is this? I am aware of a lower seat, and a heated seat, but not a tour seat. Is this on the new 2012?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the 11' catalog it is # 2878098 and listed as a touring heated seat.
In the 12' catalog it is # 2878625 and listed as a heated cross bike seat. I think the only difference is the 12' seat moves the rider .6" closer to front.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine has the heated touring seat but I bought it like that so I have no comparison. I'm 300+ pounds and very tall but I can tell you that it feels better than most stock seats. I'm going to try and get Russel Day Long seats to make me a new one this winter but for now it is pretty good.

As for the heating it is quite powerful. The first day I bought it I didn't look closely at the switch settings. On the first trip with the girlfriend hers was on and she asked why she was getting hot. I reached back and thought I turned it off but turned it up to high by mistake. By the time we got home, let's just say she had a very hot a$$.

The heated grips work very well also!

Bob

·
Registered
566 Posts
In the 11' catalog it is # 2878098 and listed as a touring heated seat.
In the 12' catalog it is # 2878625 and listed as a heated cross bike seat. I think the only difference is the 12' seat moves the rider .6" closer to front.
There were several people who ended up selling their low height, heated seats for '10 and '11. I'm not sure what the part number is. Because they're different part numbers, I imagine the '12 seats are different (better?) than the earlier parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts