Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys and Gals,

I need a huge favor. I am wanting to add a lock and ride trunk to my XC 8 Ball and I need a couple of good pics of the plug/wiring harness under the left side panel to compare mine to. According to the Victory website, they're telling me the XC 8 Ball will not accept the trunk ( says it's not compatible). Would someone mind taking a pic or three of their trunk wiring harness on their XC?? I don't want to spend 1700 bucks on something only to get it in and find out I don't have a wiring harness for it...

I took a pic of the wiring harness on mine, but I'm not sure if it's the wiring harness for the heated seat or the trunk...
ImageUploadedByMO Free1395072136.296662.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1395072149.260151.jpg

Any help anyone can give would be great!!

Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
262 Posts
That looks like the trunk plug on mine. Its under the left side cover. I'll try to get a pic later.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like the trunk plug on mine. Its under the left side cover. I'll try to get a pic later.

Thanks jchris!! I would greatly appreciate it. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind snapping a few pics of your mounting point (where the trunk would attach). I am baffled as to why the Vic website is saying the trunk is not compatible with my bike, when I have the plug and what appears to be the exact same rear end as a regular XC/XC Tour.

Regards,

Robert

·
Registered
367 Posts
Do you know anybody with a trunk you can plug into. dealer??? to test. Looks like my plug also. If you can get a service manual it will tell you the wire colours and what they connect to.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know anybody with a trunk you can plug into. dealer??? to test. Looks like my plug also. If you can get a service manual it will tell you the wire colours and what they connect to.

Gamewarden,

I wish I knew someone with a trunk to "test fit" one before I bought it. How can I get my hands on a service manual?

Thanks...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks jchris!! I would greatly appreciate it. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind snapping a few pics of your mounting point (where the trunk would attach). I am baffled as to why the Vic website is saying the trunk is not compatible with my bike, when I have the plug and what appears to be the exact same rear end as a regular XC/XC Tour.

Regards,

Robert

Here is the mounting for the trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
The trunk plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Another view of the trunk plug

Attachments

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
If they are saying it wont work, maybe they reverted back to the pre 11' models which needed the support brace under the fender

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they are saying it wont work, maybe they reverted back to the pre 11' models which needed the support brace under the fender

Toejam-

How will I know if I need the additional bracing? I think the reason Vic lists it on their website as "Will not fit" is because they "want" the 8 Ball to be a stripped down version of the XC. I'm also not sure if they have updated their website yet. Who knows...

Take care!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I went to my local dealer and Lo and behold, on the floor sat a XC Tour and a XC 8 ball, right next to one another! I was able to compare the plug, mounting points and so on. I even spoke to the parts manager who said the trunk will work. Like he said, why would the plug be there, and why would they have given you the trunk lock if it wouldn't work.

Got it ordered for $1,487 shipped to my door. I think I made out good. I can't wait to get it in...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good deal. I'm glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's great. We need pictures. thumb up

·
Registered
262 Posts
That looks really good. Very unique. The trunk latches should be black too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts