Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I give. I've searched high and low on this forum and others for anyone attempting to jam 6.5" speakers into the trunk. Is it possible, anyone tried it, if so, are there pics?
If it's not possible, is 5.25" the only option and how much better is it?

When will it ever end???

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I've been going round and round in my head thinking the same thing. Gonna try this coming week and see if I can. I definitely know the inside will have to be cut out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm not sure how you would get 6.5s in the trunk. It would take a lot of cutting. I upgraded to Alpine 5.25, and it required some cutting to fit the magnets in. Better sound over stock speakers, and at $50 bucks a pair, alpines don't break the bank. Over all, I'm very happy with the upgrade. I cut a plastic lid in half to cover the magnet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Had a 10' XC with a trunk that I removed the stock kickers and replaced them with another set of 5.25" speakers. Def had to cut out for the magnets, but made a big difference in sound. Can't remember which speakers I went with, but I don't see having much luck in trying to go to 6.5" speakers.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the pics and updates. Dan, keep us posted on your progress. I'm more than a little surprised that no one has succeeded in getting anything bigger in there.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Thank you guys for the pics and updates. Dan, keep us posted on your progress. I'm more than a little surprised that no one has succeeded in getting anything bigger in there.
probably cause its going to take a little finessed butchery to make it happen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Open them all the way up so the speaker can work correctly. If not, the will clip and distort. End up blowing the speaker up. They will sound 100% better than just cutting enough for the magnet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Open them all the way up so the speaker can work correctly. If not, the will clip and distort. End up blowing the speaker up. They will sound 100% better than just cutting enough for the magnet.
Makes sense, thanks homie!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Makes sense, thanks homie!
Your welcome. I am also going to be drilling a port behind the back rest to get even better sound. Still not enough space for the 5 1/4 to work right. The port will help.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I'm still kicking this around. One I get my trike body mounted I'm going to see if there is a way to fit the 6.5's in the body. Also looking at an option to be able to switch trunks. Razor trunk will not have speakers to why bother changing out the stock ones in the stock trunk. i'll let you know when it happens

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the ported area where the holes are is removed behind the speaker, why won't an adapter ring work? I'm sure someone has tried.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I put Polks in my other trunk. Just spaced them forward. no cutting. They were right as the grills though. Never any issues.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put Polks in my other trunk. Just spaced them forward. no cutting. They were right as the grills though. Never any issues.
6.5" Polks?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What Polks did you use and would you have pics of how there were installed spaced forward so the trunk doesn't require cutting?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
651's if i remember correctly. nothing special. No pics sorry and trunk is sold and long gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts