Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XC and recently purchased a trunk from a 2014 XCT. Before I purchased it I located the plug under the left side panel of my bike so all was well. I have received the trunk and I find that #1 the shells on both the plugs are exactly the same size so they won't mate up and #2 the plug on the bike side has 4 wires going into it and the trunk side has 8 coming out.
Obviously I'm missing something (physically and mentally!). I have searched the other XC threads on trunks and have not found anything like this. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
My CCT came with the trunk and wiring standard...if it would help I can go outside and take a pic of what the connection looks like.

Skin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind. After reading a few more posts and actually seeing the plug I was looking at the wrong one. There is one that is actually plugged into a blanking port that has the same type connector, which is the one I was looking at, and then there is the correct one that was tucked up under the seat. All is well, the tail light works and I'm rocking and rolling. Thanks for your help though.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Never mind. After reading a few more posts and actually seeing the plug I was looking at the wrong one. There is one that is actually plugged into a blanking port that has the same type connector, which is the one I was looking at, and then there is the correct one that was tucked up under the seat. All is well, the tail light works and I'm rocking and rolling. Thanks for your help though.
Glad you got it handled. Safe riding.

Skin

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I was thinking as I read this. I thought it plugged in under the seat area. Never have taken it off so..... They say quick release but, depends on who is doing it I guess. Plus where do I put it, and then I got no place to put my lid when I go in for ice cream.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
...There is one that is actually plugged into a blanking port that has the same type connector, which is the one I was looking at...
Now I'm curious where THAT plug is located.

My Tour already has a trunk obviously but I've not seen the same plug used elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts