Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kicked around selling my 2011 xc it has 2500 miles on it the color is white and silver and it is in excellent condition. Does anyone know what price I might be looking at getting. There is a local shop that offered me 14000 I would assume that it would bring more than that.
Phil

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It retails new for $18999 in that color combo, right? Demo ride discounts and military discounts would knock it down $2K so people could (in theory) buy a new one today for $16,999. Knock a couple thou off for the miles and they are only a thou low. You also have to realize that they would need to make a profit reselling it.

probably doesn't need to be pointed out but you could get more $'s if you sell it directly to an individual instead of wholesaling it to a dealer. Note that if you did add the trunk the current value could probably be around $16K to $17K. Why are you selling a basically new bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xc used price

For those of you who are wondering why I would be selling an almost new bike I have always traded for a new model around every 6 months to a year If I was lucky enough to sell this I would be going on my 78th motorcycle. I know I have a sickness. The motorcycle is garage kept and has a stage 1 kit plus big mouth exhaust tips.The bike is in new condition,taking offers.
Phil

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
For those of you who are wondering why I would be selling an almost new bike I have always traded for a new model around every 6 months to a year If I was lucky enough to sell this I would be going on my 78th motorcycle. I know I have a sickness. The motorcycle is garage kept and has a stage 1 kit plus big mouth exhaust tips.The bike is in new condition,taking offers.
Phil
OK, I'll bite. What are you getting next?

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Phil
One man supporting the motorcycle manufacturing industry. We who buy a vehicle and keep it several years are mere pikers, shirking our duty as extravagant consumers. cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those of you who are wondering whats next I'm almost afraid to say,but I was looking at a new 2012 goldwing or a new bmw six cylinder gt more than likely it will be a new goldwing. Don't think I want to be married to BMW. My brother has a wing and after riding it 8hrs to new orleans It was amazing smooth, quiet and very comfortable and plenty of power what a radio system surround sound.
Phil

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
After 77 bikes you should be telling us how to sell or trade a 6 month to 1 year old bike without losing your @$$. It suprises me that when you were offered $14K that you didn't already know that you would be lowballed; that dealer needs to get at least 10% more than what he/she pays you - anything less isn't worth the hassle!

You could get more out of it if you are willing to wait. But on the other hand the 2012's get released at the end of July. As soon as the 12's hit the dealers the 11's will go on sale. If new 11's cost less that makes your used 11 worth less.

Your bike should be worth $15-16K without a trunk and $16-17K with a trunk. If you added accessories such as CB take 50% off the price off the accessories and add that to your price.

Assuming not everyone is gong to get the demo truck discount and/or the military discount and assuming you have at least 2 accessories start at $17K. Subtract 10% off the total and make $15,300 your asking price when you talk to whomever it was that offered $14K. Do the same math with the exception of subtracting 15% rather than 10% and your minimum should be $14,500. The math could come out differently depending on your accessories.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The price of 15000 to 16000 is kinda were I would like to be by the way I also have a brand new polaris xm attachment still in the box that should maybe go to sweeten the deal. This yr alone I have played around with buying and trading 5 pretty new bikes was able to pick up a 2009 screamin eagle springer for 16.500.00and take it to the dealer they wrote me a check for 20.000.00 not a bad day. As I said before I have a motorcycle sickness. My live in girlfriend would rather have me doing this than hanging out the local bar.
Phil

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sounds like you're an old hand at this game so you know you'll make the most off a personal sale. Thankfully you understand that you are going to get new price. I've seen in the past (and could now in any classifieds) where people try to get top dollar in private sales. It's rarely worked; the only time it has is when the seller has something unique or hard to find. This happened a lot with the new beetles when they were first released; people would buy them then turn right around and sell them for several thousand more - they were hard to find so people would pay. In most cases though dealers can get more because they help people find financing. Too many people are naive and don't know that the best rate they can find is the rate they find.

If you have'nt figured it out yet there are classifieds on this website and 3 other Victory websites that I know of. There's also several online bike classifieds that realistic people have had much luck with.

If I was in your boat I'd post it on EBay with a $15,500 minimum or $17,500 Buy it Now Delivered. Delivery within 1000 miles would cost about $600 so you could make out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If I was in your boat I'd post it on EBay with a $15,500 minimum or $17,500 Buy it Now Delivered. Delivery within 1000 miles would cost about $600 so you could make out.
You'd have to find someone without internet skills for those prices.

$17,999 gets you a brand new 2011 with trunk.
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2011-VICTORY-CROSS-COUNTRY-98658256

$16,499 gets you brand new 2011, stock blue one.
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2011-VICTORY-CROSS-COUNTRY-98658233

·
Registered
1 Posts
For sale

I was wondering if you still have your xc ? If you do what kind of price are you asking? I sent you a private message earlier today.
Thanks
dive60

I have kicked around selling my 2011 xc it has 2500 miles on it the color is white and silver and it is in excellent condition. Does anyone know what price I might be looking at getting. There is a local shop that offered me 14000 I would assume that it would bring more than that.
Phil

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can get a brand new stock XC for 15.9k. White/Silver for 16.5k probably...

That being said, if its mint condition, you can get 14.5k with your addons. Gotta remember, buyer takes risks when buy used from an individual...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Henry

I will not be selling mine for 14,500 I was offered 14,000 from dream machines of dallas. looking to get quite a bit more than 14,500 for mine.I also have a 3 year extended warranty.
Phil

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will not be selling mine for 14,500 I was offered 14,000 from dream machines of dallas. looking to get quite a bit more than 14,500 for mine.I also have a 3 year extended warranty.
Phil
If you can get more, great for you!
You got about 8 weeks to hit that window. Come August, 2012s will be available. And, you'll be competing against dealers clearing out their 2011 inventory...

It takes time to find a high priced buyer on used. I know for me, only 1000 to 1500 off is not enough to buy from a stranger, that ahs no after purchase support. If you want to make a sale today, you'll have to mark it down, to it someones squeal point.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If you can get more, great for you!
You got about 8 weeks to hit that window. Come August, 2012s will be available. And, you'll be competing against dealers clearing out their 2011 inventory...

It takes time to find a high priced buyer on used. I know for me, only 1000 to 1500 off is not enough to buy from a stranger, that ahs no after purchase support. If you want to make a sale today, you'll have to mark it down, to it someones squeal point.
Looks like Dive60 (above) is interested. why not just let them negotiation their price. If he can get more for it from Dive60 or others, the more power to him and the better for us (as it raises our aftermarket resale values).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like Dive60 (above) is interested. why not just let them negotiation their price. If he can get more for it from Dive60 or others, the more power to him and the better for us (as it raises our aftermarket resale values).
Truth hurts sometimes, don't it?
Why not help Dive60 get a better price?
Motorcycles are not investments... The minute you drive it off the lot, you lost 20%...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ndabunka

Thanks for your input but henry can say what ever he wants. The bottom line is the bike won't go anywhere unless i get a fair price for it.
Phil

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Truth hurts sometimes, don't it?
Why not help Dive60 get a better price?
Motorcycles are not investments... The minute you drive it off the lot, you lost 20%...
Huh? Not certain I understand. I do not have problems with your opinions. Your welcome to state them here and it doesn't affect me one bit. I just bought mine and am "more than fine" with the deal I got and the value of the bike so this isn't any type of debate of values. Everyone is welcome to their own "opinions" of value. Trying to impose your position on others, isn't really kosher.

Henry's "perception" of value may well be different than Dive60's (or an actual potential bidder) and that is the way the "open market" is designed to work. Obviously, the pricing decision is Playtoy's to make, not Henry's to set. Heck, he' not even trying to buy the bike but rather is trying to 'recommend' a value. Fair enough.

IMHO the bottom line appears to be... "Thanks for your contribution, Henry. You can now go back to your original program" unless... you are trying to make an offer.

The second point is that if Henry is "bidding" that he has obviously not met the requirements and would be eliminated from consideration ... unless he wanted to increase his bid.

Personally, I don't blame playtoy for rejecting Henry's estimates. As the actual owner, he has that right. Who knows, Dive60 and Playtoy may end up with a negotiated price between Henry's opinion and Playtoy's target.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ndabunka. despite how much you hope and dream, the simple fact is, when 2012s are announced 2011s will drop 10%.

There is a lot of risk in buying from and individual, instead of a dealer. For taking that risk the buyer should be compensated by lower price. Why would someone pay much more than a dealer is offering?

Those trying to sell 2011s, now have a small window, before 2012s are published and take their hit in value. Currently, KBB trade-in value is 11500 and retail at 15500. So, with addons, the real value is some where in between. Seems, like 14000 was just about right from the dealer...

Come the end of August, that will be 12.5 or 13k....

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Henry,
Your logic is not quite accurate. Dealers get more money from sales because they can find banks or creit unions that will finance. Personal sales are difficult, and often greatl discounted, because it is much more difficult for people to get a loan on a vehicle from a private owner. It can be done, most often with a security or personal loan, but the interest rate is higher.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts