Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a XC trunk but have been having a hard time finding one (that isn't outrageously priced). I see lots of Vision trunks for sale and was just wondering if anyone has ever tried mounting one on their XC. I haven't looked that closely at them side by side so I'm not sure how much kitbashing would be involved, or if it's even possible. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

·
12,983 Posts
You can't mount a vision trunk on a CC bike. The vision trunk bolts straight to the frame it sits down in the body work and its wider then a CC rear fender. If you want to hack your bike up I guess you could.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually, my idea was to get the brackets for the XC trunk and mount them onto a vision trunk to be able to take it on and off.
I kinda like that look above !

·
Registered
317 Posts
I want a trunk badly too and may just look into your idea.... that's an interesting thought for sure.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Trunks show up on the Facebook sale group weekly. Always a trunk hater out there selling one. You just have to watch for them.

·
Registered
812 Posts
you could a;lso look into other brands. I modified and welded a bracket to allow a knockoff HD tour pack onto mine.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You could always just put a rack on the back and buy a standard trunk to put on it. There are even some advantages to that approach, like being able to use the lock and ride rack so you could take it off or put in on in literal seconds. That, and the weight savings. I had a trunk on my KPT that I just didn't want to give up when I moved to the XC, so I didn't. I bought my XC 2nd hand and it had a rack on it, so I took the trunk off my KP and mounted it on the rack. Weighs nothing and although it doesn't hold as much as a standard XC trunk I CAN put a full face helmet, my chaps and a full leather jacket and gloves in it and lock it. The rack the previous owner put on isn't the easyon-off like I mentioned but I honestly don't see a reason to ever take it off.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What about the electrical connections? The XC trunk has lights and speakers and has a female plug designed to mate with the male plug under the left side cover of the XC. Does the Vision trunk have the same lights and speakers and the same plug?

·
12,983 Posts
keep in mind the vision trunk is 50 pounds and if you pack a lot in it and have it mounted off away from frame your front end will be come lighter and you'll have less stopping power.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My guess is that the XC trunk is MORE than 50 lbs. It is quite heavy and while I can lift that amount of weight easily, 50 lbs of weight in an object that large is hard to lift because the weight is so far away from your body.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Vision weight cap is 500. Magnum is 400. So with a trunk its easy to go over but I have heard of a few with Wives that tour with trunk and Magnum. no problem. Magnums will need full air on the shock loaded down over cap.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Trunks show up on the Facebook sale group weekly. Always a trunk hater out there selling one. You just have to watch for them.
I'm not sure what people are selling them for on facebook, (I don't have facebook) but I saw one on ebay recently asking over 1700.00 WTF... let's get serious and come back down to earth here. If that is where the prices have gotten I'll live without one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It depends on the paint too. Some sell for $2100 with new or perfect paint. It will cost you $350 for Polaris OEM paint and clear plus whatever the body shop wants to spray it.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Skydrol an alternative

I have a black new in the box trunk. My wife gave up on riding. I bought it a few years ago. It is still in the box out in the garage. It is NOT a Victory product. It is a Harley knock off I would say. I bought it in the hopes she would want to ride more if I put it on the bike, she did not seem to care either way. I never mounted it. It comes with some brackets, but I was going to have to make or buy a bracket to mount the trunk to that would bolt on the back of my 2011 Cross Roads. Personally I am not big on the trunks and she does not ride with me on overnight trips, so I do not need it. If interested in it let me know. Oh it is made out of plastic, it is black, the back rest that is part of the trunk lid is black. It also has keys with it to lock the lid down. It is taking up space in my garage on a shelf. It does hold one full face helmet with some extra space, no way will it hold two full-face helmets. I think it might weight 10-lbs. or a little more.

·
Registered
263 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts