Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this Forum but I have 2012 XC and I have been dealing with the Buffeting issues myself. I have a Cee Baileys Dragon windshield as well as the Cee Baileys lowers.
I am in Florida and the heat is unbearable at times with the lowers. Anyways their is a small company that is making brackets that attach to your windshield that will allow you to adjust your windshield to raise lower and adjust it forward as well.
I contacted them and he invited me to come and try it out. They have been making them for sport bikes as well as baggers. Right now I have a pair on and I am leaving for a long distance trip in few days. They are a "Proto-Type" for now but so far they work very well.
I even have my stock windshield and it worked great on it as well.
I am 5-7 and so far the buffeting has been minimal.
You can check their website for yourself at Matstad Windshields you can google it he has a video that explains the concept.
He sells windshields with brackets but his goal is to offer just the brackets that will powder coated that will fit our windshields so don't throw away your stock shields.
He hopes to offer them soon.I hope this helps. If you have any questions I will be glad to help feel free to email me....
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Bbob has been using one and is happy.

·
Premium Member
13,190 Posts
Bbob has been using one and is happy.
Yes. I like mine but it would be great to use the stock holes on the windshields rather than drill 2 new holes. The bottom holes already match up. It's easy enough to plug the extra unused holes if wanted but this much better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes. I like mine but it would be great to use the stock holes on the windshields rather than drill 2 new holes. The bottom holes already match up. It's easy enough to plug the extra unused holes if wanted but this much better.
Went to his website, but he does not list our bikes their. I have the same bike as you bbob, just wondering what you used???

·
Premium Member
13,190 Posts
Went to his website, but he does not list our bikes their. I have the same bike as you bbob, just wondering what you used???
He may have taken the original version off the market while he brings this new and improved version in. That's what I'd do anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Windshield Brackets Update!!!

Just got back from a cross country trip from florida to Colorado and then back to florida over 5000 plus miles. I have a Cee Baileys windshield and used the Madstat"Robo Brackets" on the windshield. They worked great under all kinds of weather conditions. Being able to adjust the windshiels up or down or forward and back was a great option.
I have the Cee Bailey's Lowers but did not use them on this trip because of the extreme heat. So I used a pair of Memphis Shade Lowers but they did not work as well as the Cee Baileys. I had plenty of time to try different tests with air flow and the major "Buffeting" came from the lowers.
I held my hand over my head and had very little wind but when I held my hand along side the tank I could feel major Buffeting coming from below. So my theory is the brackets are great and with the right lowers you will solve all your issues.
The robo brackets have been upgraded he is using a new machine. Just contact them and you can buy the brackets seperate without buying a whole kit. Go to Madstad and google it to get to their website.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can anyone post pics of these brackets installed? Extremely interested but I want to see these in action on our bikes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts