Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it is for the love bugs here in Florida to get behind your windshield!! No, seriously there is a reason for it, I read it somewhere along the line-will try to find it unless someone else chimes in first.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I thought it was to reduce backpressure.

Most windshields attempt to direct airflow over the drivers head, and doing so creates a low pressure vortex behind the shield. you might experience this as wind pressure against your back as air tries to fill the low pressure area.
The slot attempts to allow a small amount of air to reduce the amount of back pressure and any buffeting caused by it. The riding position on the XC is naturally farther back from the windshield, and can leave a rider sitting in that vortex.
Not an expert, just an observation.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought it was to reduce backpressure.

Most windshields attempt to direct airflow over the drivers head, and doing so creates a low pressure vortex behind the shield. you might experience this as wind pressure against your back as air tries to fill the low pressure area.
The slot attempts to allow a small amount of air to reduce the amount of back pressure and any buffeting caused by it. The riding position on the XC is naturally farther back from the windshield, and can leave a rider sitting in that vortex.
Not an expert, just an observation.
Its its really to reduce buffeting-----its a miserable failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts