Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking to change my bars to a more ape hanger type but not to high. I need them higher then stock, the down and forward reach is bothering my back and shoulders. I was looking for others that have put some mini apes or something similar on. I saw some bars made with the paul yaffe name on them in dennis kirk that may work. Pics please and what needed to be done to make them work. Thanks

https://www.denniskirk.com/paul-yaffe-originals/chrome-1-in-bagger-nation-handlebars.p597932.prd/597932.sku

Something like these.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im looking to change my bars to a more ape hanger type but not to high. I need them higher then stock, the down and forward reach is bothering my back and shoulders. I was looking for others that have put some mini apes or something similar on. I saw some bars made with the paul yaffe name on them in dennis kirk that may work. Pics please and what needed to be done to make them work. Thanks

https://www.denniskirk.com/paul-yaffe-originals/chrome-1-in-bagger-nation-handlebars.p597932.prd/597932.sku

Something like these.

Those bars are for a harley. The vic bars and harley bars arnt interchangable. The bar clamps have different spacing. Have you looked at the Ness Modular apes? I have seen them on a few bikes and people really seem to like them. I was actually looking to maybe buy them and give them a try. HMD, kewlmetal, witchdoctor are also a few companies who make some bars.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean where the knurls are spaced? If so im not worried about that, a center punch will fix that. Im just looking basically at that style. And i have thought about the ness bars also, i just have a real hard time spending that kinda money on them.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
1" bars

I had got a set off J&P cycles. They were nice around $65 if I remember correctly. Set them on the bike after moving my bars forward just to try the new bars. Ended up not liking them. Sent them back, no problem. Ended up buying some used black ones off of a 8 ball Vegas I believe. Anyhow you can head to the salvage yard and get some,if scratched just paint them. Also have you tried rotating your stock bars up,sometimes that works.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are rotated up so they just dont hit the inner fairing.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
They look good! Thanks how are they? Hows the reach with them? They are about the height i want.

·
Registered
217 Posts
They look good! Thanks how are they? Hows the reach with them? They are about the height i want.

im 6'2" i dont min the reach its about straight out in front of you, the bars also completely modular so the controls can be clocked differently and they can be angled back towards you. and obviously piviots back at the risers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm im 6'3" and have fairly long arms, but i took about 1" out of my seat back and bottom so i sit down and back farther. Wish someone near me had some i could try out.

·
13,188 Posts
dtmmil
so you know those bars are for H-D's throttle by wire.
Look for bars that are for earlier fitment and you should be fine. Knurling is 3 1/2 on center

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, i believe they can be used for both throttle types if i read right. Its hard to find bars that arent dimpled for the wiring, it ends up right where any other set of controls mounts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm running Witch Doctors "outraged" bars, and love them. I used all my stock wires and cables,.. just took some rerouting but they are great bars.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
How tall are the outraged bars? And i found the yaffe bars on their site, a person can get them dimpled or not, i think if i switch i will be going with these. They are the bagger bars in the link.
http://www.baggernation.com/products-bars.htm

Those baggernation bars won't work unless they have them for Victory. Victory risers are 4.75" center to center. HD bars are 3.5".

You also need to be sure they will fit in the slots of the fairing for the bars.

Here is the link for the Outraged bars.

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/2020/victory-motorcycle-parts-handlebars-general-accessories-cross-country-roads-outraged-style-sc-608/

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not worried about the knurls wont see them anyway. And i do believe they are the correct width, i would check before though, and for $100 i think they would do what i need. Thanks for the link!!

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Not worried about the knurls wont see them anyway. And i do believe they are the correct width, i would check before though, and for $100 i think they would do what i need. Thanks for the link!!
Cool beans. Please let us know if they fit and post a pic if you can. I'm very curious to see if they work. It would be great if they do. Like you said; at $100 it's a bargain.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just ordered these. They will be at my house tomorrow. The bagger nation customer service pretty much sucks but finally got a guy on the phone. The measurements sound like they should fit well. If they do work this will be a cheaper alternative to what some of us are looking for!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok well for my update on these. They are advertised poorly, so not only are they made from the wrong material( says seamless and is not) the spacing is listed at 11 1/2" which would be perfect, well its not 11 1/2" its actually 15"! So now im gathering material to make my own.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts