Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the OEM Victory highway peg kit from Ken's Sports for my upcoming weekend trip. I could have bought all the components from the aftermarket for about the same money, but I liked the design of the OEM parts and guaranteed fit.

Here are the parts with a can of Coke for scale. There were a few minor nicks in the metal of the brackets but nothing that would be visible:

The instruction sheet makes it look like you are supposed to install the brackets in the upper position. Because of the design and the curves of the brackets, you can mount them in an upper or lower position. The upper seemed way to high for me so I chose the lower setting. Here it is on the bike:

Here is a side view with the pegs flipped up. There's plenty of chrome to go around and the pegs are solid, heavy units.

Front shot of the bike with pegs:

Driver's view:

I did the install by myself and got the left one adjusted just as I wanted, but had a problem making the right side the same. But then I discovered the secret. Loosen the one that needs adjusting, and flip up both pegs while sitting level in the driver seat. now, you can easily eyeball it to make it even with the other side. Then carefully tighten it up while tightly holding the position of the peg. Oh, and also use blue Locktite. The instructions don't specify to use it and the bolts don't come with it on already, but it's a good idea. thumb up

I am 6' and they are in the perfect position for me. I can stretch out with a slight bend in my knees and put my feet up in the arch and practically go to sleep. Or, I can prop my heel on the floorboards and rest my toes on the pegs. Totally worth it :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
They look good! Enjoy them!

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
They look good and sturdy. It does look like a bit more of angle to them would make them more useable as in the feet not slipping off the ends. I wonder if they can be bent some to accommodate a better position. What do you think?

Then again; maybe it's just the angle of the pics. They may be just right the way they are. Maybe someone will have them at the meet this weekend.

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
I just looked these brackets up and it looks like they are around $150 (PN:2877367)

Just about the same price as the Kewlmetal brackets if one includes the peg mounts and the pegs. It's also interesting how the floorboard mounted brackets are about $20 more. Looks like more drilling involved in making them...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look good and sturdy. It does look like a bit more of angle to them would make them more useable as in the feet not slipping off the ends. I wonder if they can be bent some to accommodate a better position. What do you think?

Then again; maybe it's just the angle of the pics. They may be just right the way they are. Maybe someone will have them at the meet this weekend.
It's difficult to get an idea of how the pegs are positioned by looking at the pics. The brackets are actually bent inward at the peg location to make it more natural angle to your legs. The positioning feels perfect for my height. The only thing I played around with a bit was the rotation of the peg so that it would be parallel to my boot. Now this thing is like a recliner. :)

They could probably be bent too if you had a vice but you would risk ruining the chrome. I think they got the angle pretty good though as is.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just looked these brackets up and it looks like they are around $150 (PN:2877367)

Just about the same price as the Kewlmetal brackets if one includes the peg mounts and the pegs. It's also interesting how the floorboard mounted brackets are about $20 more. Looks like more drilling involved in making them...
Exactly - price is about the same. I liked the look of the pegs and probably would have gotten those same Kuryakin pegs anyways, so I thought I'd go with the OEM kit. $163 to my door from Ken's Sports. I didn't go with the floorboard kit because I think it would interfere with cornering clearance.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice work. They look great.

Any chance that these could be mounted so that they would go the other way and be further away? I'm 6'7" with a 38 inch inseam.

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those look good!! Had I seen those before making mine I might have bought them.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Just remove the round bar clamps
and bolt them right to the bracket.
Yepper. I don't if they will sell you the mounts without the clamps but it might be worth the inquiry for whomever does buy them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the exact setup you have pictured. I will sell for $75.00
Wesdalton....
Ive been looking at this set up for sometime. I was wondering if it would work on the forged bars. Now I know. thumb up So what pegs do you have or are you just selling the mounts? Why are you selling them? Im interested.

The other mounts dont seem like they will accomadate my long legs.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow those look perfect Randyyo. Where did you get the bracket that bolts to the bars, did you make it?

That looks close to what I need but I'd love for make something that would get my feet lower than the floor boards but that may not be possibe

This setup is for a GoldWing (Ok I did lot's of research on them before I bought the XC) but it would be ideal for me and my legs. These are spring loaded so they pop up when not using them in the twisties but drop low for highway comfort when on the slab. Check out the video.

http://ridingiswonderful.com/id32.html

Anybody done anything like this? If not I think I'm going to order a set and see what I can fab up.

Thanks again,
Bob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts