Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the reasons I bought the 17 model was the upgraded sound system. Effectively it's the Magnum sound system with Bluetooth. Yesterday I dropped 1600 tracks onto a usb (root folder) and went for a loop ride today. The usb plays tracks only in alpha order, no shuffle. Going through the manual and playing with the controls, shuffle only appears to be available for a connected iPod. Hard to believe that the sound system controls are so basic. The Bluetooth side works OK. Another ride planned for tomorrow (any excuse) to play with it a bit more. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
One of the reasons I bought the 17 model was the upgraded sound system. Effectively it's the Magnum sound system with Bluetooth. Yesterday I dropped 1600 tracks onto a usb (root folder) and went for a loop ride today. The usb plays tracks only in alpha order, no shuffle. Going through the manual and playing with the controls, shuffle only appears to be available for a connected iPod. Hard to believe that the sound system controls are so basic. The Bluetooth side works OK. Another ride planned for tomorrow (any excuse) to play with it a bit more. Any thoughts?

I had an old Ipod Nano 4th Gen hooked up to mine. That was what I was jamming out to when the drunk driver took me out. It worked great! The Nano even stayed charged when it was hooked up. I only wish that the lower fairing cubby hole locked so I didn't have to keep removing the Ipod! Good luck with it! Hope you get it all figured out!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I had an old Ipod Nano 4th Gen hooked up to mine. That was what I was jamming out to when the drunk driver took me out. It worked great! The Nano even stayed charged when it was hooked up. I only wish that the lower fairing cubby hole locked so I didn't have to keep removing the Ipod! Good luck with it! Hope you get it all figured out!
I just googled that iPod Nano 4th generation and came up with this picture, is this the one that connects & shuffles & charges & no need to take out of the bike & skip trough the songs & volume button from the handle bar?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably all the versions of the ipod do this. I have an old one (one of the original ipods) I use by the BBQ, I will go and get that now and will try that on tomorrows ride. BTW, I have a mate who had a stroke a couple of years ago, he has never ever been on a bike. Taking him out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, found my old one, and dug out an old cable, charging it now. It has 799 tracks and a couple of playlists. Things are looking up. It's so old, if it works I will audit/update some of the music on it and leave it permanently on the bike. My next decision, I have Pandora on the house system, shall I get a subscription for my phone? decisions decisions....

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think Pandora is a one subscription for all devices type service. Just download the app and enter your info and you should be good.

Real old iPods can not take the vibration of the motorcycle. It will kill them.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I just googled that iPod Nano 4th generation and came up with this picture, is this the one that connects & shuffles & charges & no need to take out of the bike & skip trough the songs & volume button from the handle bar?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yup....that is the one I have. It went riding 10,000 miles in 5 months and never had an issue. It is laying here on my night stand still playing away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Yup....that is the one I have. It went riding 10,000 miles in 5 months and never had an issue. It is laying here on my night stand still playing away.

Ok i will try to look for one, second hand or new.... Man, man, victory made a "wize" choice regarding this sterio system ha ha ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point, I will ziptie the ipod inside a microfibre cloth, that should help dampen any vibrations. Watch this space.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I bought a 60GB iPod for use on my XCT. Works great but the handlebar controls don't do anything except song selection and volume. I cannot choose artists or playlists. However, it works fine with an old iPhone 5. Oh well..

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I bought a 60GB iPod for use on my XCT. Works great but the handlebar controls don't do anything except song selection and volume. I cannot choose artists or playlists. However, it works fine with an old iPhone 5. Oh well..
Can you choose a play list using the handlebar controls if you have the iPhone 5 hooked up?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Can you choose a play list using the handlebar controls if you have the iPhone 5 hooked up?

I can most definitely do that on the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Oh wow.....that is awesome. If I still had my bike, I would be looking for an IPhone 5! Lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a Kenwood BT318U sitting at home waiting for me to get done with this deployment. Also new speakers, amp, handlebars, exhaust tips, oil dip stick and some other odds and ends. That Kenwood does USB and plays FLAC files and can sync 5 devices with bluetooth.

I'm pretty excited to get to work in 2 months on it. I have a couple other ideas brewing that I haven't seen done before. If it works out the way I plan then I will post a detailed review with pictures but I'm not ready to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Oh wow.....that is awesome. If I still had my bike, I would be looking for an IPhone 5! Lol

I did buy the official Apple 30-pin-to-lightning adapter. But yes, it works.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 2017 XCT only has a usb connector in the lower left pod. My daughter has an old iPhone, I will see if she will donate it to a good cause.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just thought, I have an old Galaxy S4, will try that out on Bluetooth. Using my mobile for calls through the bike isn't important to me, on long journies my headset can cope with that. I seem to recall the S4 took micro memory cards so that could be the solution.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Ok just checked with the handphone Harley guy and there are no "ipod nano 4th generation" soooo only iPhone 5 works perfectly? Or other iPhone versions too?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
GOOD NEWS, a friend of mine has a iPhone 5 that he doesn't use.... Soon I can get one, yeahhhhh

What a SAGA to play music, GRRRRRRR

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
If you have the 30-pin connector, you will need an adapter. Be sure you spend the money to buy the actual Apple brand because the cheap off brands allow you to charge but the controls won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 27 Posts