Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the 2013 xct. I am pumped and so looking forward to putting miles on this bike. I am looking for advice on essential accessories and add-ons. I am looking at exhaust... should I go with victory stage kit or aftermarket. I also want to dress up looks so what upgrades/options do I need. I am enjoying surfing the forums and looking for information on these topics, but if you have suggestions please throw them my way!!!

Coach

·
Registered
43 Posts
Everyone is different...gotta get what works for you.
I thought I wanted some noise but turned out that it did not work for me on long rides so went back to stock...love the quiet ride now!
Had to get the Ultimate seat/ back-rest, as I just could not get comfortable on the stock one, (always sliding up onto the tank!).
Did not like the tall shield, so got the Cee Baileys Dragon and am very happy .
Installed a larger brake pedal..., and a chrome clutch lever cover. Just got a new horn as well.
The only other thing I did was had a trunk lining installed by a local upolhstery guy.
Almost 5,000 mi on mine XCT now and I love it more every time I get on it!
Planning a 3,000 mi ride in a few weeks to Montana, (from So Calif)
Cannot wait to get going!!

Congrats on the new bike...you ARE going to love it!thumb up

Walt

·
Registered
381 Posts
The larger brake pedal was the first thing I installed. I have the stage 1 kit. I love it. Some say it's not loud enough but I think it's perfect for me.

After you put on a few more miles and read all the online forums you will have a better idea on what accessories you want.

Good luck with the XCT. It's a mighty fine ride.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
The bikes come so well equipped, I'm not sure there is anything that tips the scales as essential for me. I had the Vic stage 1 installed at purchase and have been happy with it. The key in the cheese wedge bugged me so I installed the digital guard dawg keyless system. The rear antennae always gave me the creeps as it seems to be close to my face when I bend down around the back of the bike - guess I have a phobia about getting things in my eyes like that - so I replaced it with a short one. I'm not sure how well it works because I always use the ipod, never even had the radio on.

Just put some miles on and you will figure out what is essential for you. All the best. cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
The first reply was correct...everyone has different options.

My buddy had the stage 1 kit on his XR, but for me that was not enough. I put the D&D's (see my comparison video
) on. Much better.

I did get the Cee Bailey's 16" windscreen since the stock 18" was right in my eye line for how I sit. I kept the stock seat, but have a removable Utopia backrest. My buddy and I went down to the Smokie's, so we swapped out the stock brake pads for come EBC-HH pads. A little louder, but the grip is much tighter.

I have hand problems, so I put on the E-Z Assist Clutch. It makes the clutch pull 1/2 as hard.

There are several other options like a Heel Shifter and little things, but those are the major adjustments I have done.

Congrats on the new ride!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
just came back from my 5000 mile Maintenance...only things I've done are the 2" pulback bars (great decision, much more comfortable position for my arms), and Witch Doctor Baffled mufflers. The WDs are louder than a Stage One (which didn't seem to be a big difference over stock), but not as loud as say, the D&Ds, or Honkers...They are PERFECT for me, required no reflashing or hi-flow air filter...just bolt 'em on and off you go for less that half the cost of the Victory Stage 1 kit.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Coach, give yourself time to determine what it is that you really need/want. As you can see by the previous posts, there are as many tastes and preferences as there are riders. Peruse the offerings of vendors, do forum searches, talk with other owners, and then decide for yourself. March to your own drummer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts