Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I could do the CB option on my 2014 XCT over again this is what I would do to avoid the pain I have had so far.

First, don't get the Victory CB antenna. It will save you $150 and it is a very poor design and the location is terrible. I also discovered why they didn't take the idea from another member about putting a plastic washer under the metal one that holds the cable end to the antenna mount. The problem is the space in the opening where the connector goes on the mount. If it touches the sides of the threaded post then you get a grounded condition and the display goes blank when you transmit. Make sure it is centered when you put on the washer and tighten it.

Second get these components;
Firestik R-36A 3' cable with PL-259 on both ends. If the dealer is installing your CB you will need this first. That way when they take the fender off to install the CB they can connect this and route it where you want it. This will make the antenna installation later very easy and give you a place to connect the SWR meter to calibrate the antenna too.

Firestik LG3-M2 No ground plane CB antenna kit. You can see where DentDave installed this at, http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15557&highlight=antenna

SWR meter
Coupler (Radio Shack 278-1369)

No you will have a CB that really works and none of the issues the current one has.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I have been very happy with my set up and glad you got yours to work right. My range is as good if not better than my friends that ride goldwings. The only downside to my set up is removing the trunk, but I really never plan on doing that as we ride 2 up almost all the time.

Most people think my cb antenna came stock mounted to the trunk . Where did you mount your antenna ?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been very happy with my set up and glad you got yours to work right. My range is as good if not better than my friends that ride goldwings. The only downside to my set up is removing the trunk, but I really never plan on doing that as we ride 2 up almost all the time.

Most people think my cb antenna came stock mounted to the trunk . Where did you mount your antenna ?
Same place as you (thanks for the idea). I don't plan on removing my trunk either but if I do I can disconnect cable at coupler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts