Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of buying a XCT this year, and there is NO way I will be able to take the stock sound.... what kinda exhaust systems are available for the xct?

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I am adverse to paying hundreds for some sound, so I did what a lot of others have before me--send a 1-1/8" hole saw up the mufflers and drilled out a thin baffle plate. The result is a pleasant tone at all times and very controllable. My neighbors don't know when I leave and yet she barks when I roll it on, especially when going up a freeway ramp or hill. If your goal is to set off car alarms, stay away from me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently purchased a set of stage 1 victory mufflers from a guy here on the forum (thanks Mike!!).

They are slightly louder over all than stock, and much lower in pitch.

I live em. I do a lot of long distance rides and like to listen to Porcupine Trees while I'm doing it. Stage 1's are a good balance of sound and quiet.

Larry 2013 CCT

·
Registered
403 Posts
Adam Bomb
Nascar6
Bassnai 2-1
Bassani slip-on
Centerfire
D&D
Freedom Tru-Duals
Homemade
Ness Thunder
Ness Honkers
Noemetz
RPW
Stage1 Victory
Stage1 Cobra Triovals
Whichdoctor's

To name a few.......

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Ryland's list is pretty complete.

You can de-core your own for as little as $25 if you have a modicum of skills and a bit of time. It WILL change the sound significantly and many are comfortable with that. If you want looks, then you often surrender power because the slip-on style has traditionally provided the best Omph! But the Bassani 2-1's & the Freedom Duals do look pretty darn sharp.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i am thinking of buying a XCT this year, and there is NO way I will be able to take the stock sound.... what kinda exhaust systems are available for the xct?
This was my progression. Stock, then stage1 with the stage1 pipes... A little louder than stock, but not quite what my eardrums wanted..........then stage 1 with the Tri-ovals from Victory..... Love em........here endeth the progression.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had the Freedom Performance Pipes put on mine. Love it. Guys riding Harley's behind me say it feels like the ground is shaking when I twist the throttle.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had the Freedom Performance Pipes put on mine. Love it. Guys riding Harley's behind me say it feels like the ground is shaking when I twist the throttle.

I agree. I have the freedom true duals too. They do look and sound amazing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
We are a Big City Thunder vendor. So we use their components for building our exhaust. We have a few sound bytes on youtube if your interested in hearing their sound. There is also some dyno numbers on our site on a 2011 Cross Country that went straight to dyno after installing. Good luck to you and happy shopping as you have tons of options.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Just some props to NOEMTZ he is great to deal with and would recommend him for all your needs. I've ordered from him a few times and never had any issues, he ships fast and his pricing is in most cases better than the competition!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Just some props to NOEMTZ he is great to deal with and would recommend him for all your needs. I've ordered from him a few times and never had any issues, he ships fast and his pricing is in most cases better than the competition!
Thanks! Much appreciated. thumb up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts