Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided I wanted something that was higher and to the outside for better visibility for those in my blind spot.
So myself and Ben Diaz installed these LEDS on the inside of dash just above the speakers.

Total cost approx $70. using two 3.6", Ampd Flex super bright 20 LEDS from Radiantz. Amber with clear tube.

Took front fairing off, drilled a small hole to run the wires through, siliconed it to keep water out, then taped the wires to the backside on their way to the turn signal wires for connection.

I had three places I could have placed them indicated by the blue tape in the pictures. Pictures taken with 4 ways on.

As a bonus you can see them from the front because of the reflection on the back of the rear view mirrors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Great idea! I'll be subscribed.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I did something similar but forward facing on the fairing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did something like VJ's you tube post on my Vulcan a few years ago. Found the Led lights on line for around $10 bucks!!... PAIN IN THE KNUTS!!... The mirror was impossible to remove, then I learned that it takes a special mirror to transfer the LED thru to the face on the mirror. seems like I spent about $60 getting new mirrors cut, and then silicone to install. I liked the outcome but wouldn't do it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Found a better picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Did something like VJ's you tube post on my Vulcan a few years ago. Found the Led lights on line for around $10 bucks!!... PAIN IN THE KNUTS!!... The mirror was impossible to remove, then I learned that it takes a special mirror to transfer the LED thru to the face on the mirror. seems like I spent about $60 getting new mirrors cut, and then silicone to install. I liked the outcome but wouldn't do it again.
Well, for tang, this is a case of the horse and the barn door, etc. But if anyone else is interested, Muth came out this year with a reasonably priced -- well, that's relative, of course -- version of their mirrors. Take a look at Muth Mirror Systems - Merge Master Signal® Mirror .

Those Merge Masters are about half the price of their original mirrors, which I had on my Valkyrie (and which were a gift from my co-workers, when I retired).

I spent a little more than the Merge Masters (which weren't available then) a couple of years ago, when I added Rivco LED mirrors to my XCT. I have a long write-up on that project -- which involved adding a trailer isolator -- on a page of my web site, here: Adding Rivco LED Mirrors to a Victory Cross Country Motorcycle

Here are a couple pics of the old, very expensive, Muths on the Valk, and a couple of the Rivcos on the Vic.

Tang: very nice work, BTW.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I think the custom mirrors with turn signals are sharp but I would encourage you guys not just trust that they will be seen and everyone will take heed to them. Still ride like they never see them.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I always ride like they don't see me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, now that I've been using them for a few days here's my thoughts.

I think I could have gotten away with a 1.5" long instead of the 3.6" ones I used. I also think I would have gotten the smoked lens instead of the clear ones. The smoked would have blended in more with the black dash, but because my bike is white the clear ones look good two.

They make a huge difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts