Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new owner of a 2012 XCT, and so far everything is great. I am a little concerned about the direction in which the gas cap opens.
For me it is opening the wrong way and creating a problem everytime I gas up. Does anyone have a solution. I have already tried removing the gas cover and rotating it 180 but there is a vent hole and under the top ring with a rubber boot that doesn't move.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, not quite what I was looking for. I saw somewhere that you could take the stock Petrol Cap and rotate, but I didn't hang onto the link. Maybe it will show up again.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks, not quite what I was looking for. I saw somewhere that you could take the stock Petrol Cap and rotate, but I didn't hang onto the link. Maybe it will show up again.
You cannot. Two of the five bolts are "fake", and three of them are real.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had already found that out, I also saw that there was a hole in the lip of the tank, with a corresponding rubber piece on the ring. This prevents you from making the switch. I did see somewhere that it had been switched but lost the thread. I will just have to keep looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts