Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 XCT and noticed that the right side lower adjustable wind management door rattles. When comparing the left with the right the left door and handle open with a tight precision movement but the right side seems like there is a lot of "slop" in the handle mechanism.

It seems like something could be "tightened down" if I disassembled the right lower but before I do this to see if something is loose have any of you noticed a loose door or taken apart the lowers? The handle that moves the door has a lot of wiggle and I can't see where it's adjustable. Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
263 Posts
You're still under warranty, call the dealer and see if they have the part in sock. If not, they can order it and call you when it comes in. I don't believe there is any adjustment to that part.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have the same problem. Have not had time to talk to the dealer yet. Let us know what you find out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I thought it was the friction washer, but when I took it into my Victory dealer...he looked at it and for some reason it completely ruined the entire part that fits up on the top. It was not the friction washer. He didn't know why, so he replaced the entire vent...now only a month later it's doing it again, so SOMETHING is causing my RIGHT side to go bad...the left side is fine.

Anyway, I would take the bike back and let them look at it. I bet they have to replace the entire vent flap (not hard to do at all)...but if they are able to figure out what is going on...please let me (and others know) by posting on here.

Actually, I think there is a design flaw.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
First I heard of this one. I haven't noticed anything along these lines but it begs the question "What should I expect over time from a machine that is heavily reliant on polymers?"

In the case of the wind management components they are plastics that have movement but no adjustability. That says to me that Vic design accepts replacement over adjustment of at least some moving parts.

Granted the movement is infrequent but it's another of those user/machine interfaces, the point where the manufacturer typically needs to show their best stuff.

Looks like a place where a motivated tinkerer could get a little pin money for some creative improvement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts