Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the location of the fuse for the heated seat on the XCT is located? My seat has not worked since new (all of 500 miles ago). Anyone have an idea where the fuse is located? I looked in the main fuse block but I don't see where it is listed anywhere there.

Thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
See a thread on the forum for 2011 service manual and download it. It has electrical diagram for the seats and grips

·
13,031 Posts
Gee I just looked in my manual and there is the information. :crzy:

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Yup, that's how I do it. When all else fails, read the instructions. :)

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Ya know. If you haven't had the seat off yet, you might want to make sure the seat is plugged in. Just a thought. I live in Morongo Valley if you want to go for a ride.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VisionJohnny, My sincere apologies. I have a home in La Quinta and a place in Bellevue washington. I left my manual there and its a two hour flight. So I thought it might be ok to ask here.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Are you sure it's not working? It doesn't get nearly as hot as the grips. Check plug first, wait for a cold morning. Recheck. I believe fuse is under right side cover
(left leg)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MTvic. lug was ok and juice is at the plug. If there is heat its very subtle. And this may be the issue. On the RDL seat I had on the wing it would light your ass on fire it got so hot. High was too much for any length of time.

Its fairly cool in the mornings this time of year in the desert. I will take it out and give it a test to see. If its that weak on heat, my spouse is going to be dissappointed.

·
Registered
790 Posts
She won't be disappointed, and yes, it's on the weak side. Switch, down is low, up is high, middle off. It doesn't get as hot as a car seat, and takes longer to feel it generating, but it does the job. I thought mine was broken too until I got up one morning in Helen, GA with an icy seat, then after 15-20 minutes warming up I was the only one with a dry seat.

In Florida, I can't tell it's on unless I go for long rides, then by butt start sweating.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine gets pretty darn hot in no time on high. However my switches are somehow wired backwards. The indicater says the low is down and high is up but it really the other way around and it's easy to tell the difference.

Not sure if you are trying to use it on low or high but mine is certainly hotter when the switch is pointed down.

Bob

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had ours on for three hours and neither of us could ever feel a thing. If its working its pretty sad and by far the worst heated seat we have owned. All the others you could actually feel the heat.

When I pulled the seat off to look and see if it was plugged in I found most of the staples around the front gone and my I Pod connection doesnt work so the bike has to go back in anyway.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Had ours on for three hours and neither of us could ever feel a thing. If its working its pretty sad and by far the worst heated seat we have owned. All the others you could actually feel the heat.

When I pulled the seat off to look and see if it was plugged in I found most of the staples around the front gone and my I Pod connection doesnt work so the bike has to go back in anyway.
Good idea.thumb up

·
Registered
566 Posts
The low setting is tepidly warm on mine but the high setting is much, much better. We were traveling through consistent 36f last Sunday morning on the way back from the holidays and the high setting was pretty damn comfy. I was riding without my Widder vest on (still heavily layered though) and with the seat on high/grips I had no complaints. I only plugged in the vest during an extended (>150 mile) fog/drizzle combo on I-5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts