Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my imagination, or does the tach cycle through the numbers for a second or two and zero out again when the ignition is switched on? For some reason I thought it did, and thought I had confirmed that in the owners manual someplace. Yesterday I noticed the tach (?) does not do the "test" upon switching on the key. I looked through the owners manual, but didn't find any notes in the book on instruments. Does it, or does it not? If it normally does, but no longer does, is it a matter to be concerned with? sheets

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ignition test

No comment one way or the other? I guess it is just my imagination.

oh well . . . :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Hmmmmmm....

·
Registered
784 Posts
No comment one way or the other? I guess it is just my imagination.

oh well . . . :cool:
Well, being a very long way from my bike at the moment, I can't check for you. I don't remember ever seeing the tach go through a self check but really never paid attention since turning the key, turning the kill switch, waiting for the fuel pump, et al have my attention.
Give it some time, there will be folks who know the answer or will check out their ride to give an update.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I'm sure someone will check....when they get out of work.
Someone needs an excuse to go see their bike on a rainy day ;)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
well Sheets.. I tried this on my XCT when I went home for lunch. I turn the key and my tach needle moved a VERY LITTLE bit and that's it. What do you mean your tach cycled through the numbers ?

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I don't understand.....:confused:

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Thanks Paul, that's all mind does.....:)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
That's all mine does. Leave it up to Paul to do a video of it. Paul, you have WAY too much time on your hands.:ltr:
But we all sure appreciate itcheers

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, all!!

For lack of a better term, "sweep" would have been a better choice of words. For some reason I thought the tach did momentarily "sweep" through the numbers and rest on zero when the key was switched on. Based on all your responses... all is good in the 'hood. Have about 4k miles on the scoot. Just can't get over how comfortable the bike is, and how well she handles. Poetry in motion! Getting the hydraulic clutch kit installed next week, along with some extra driving lights up front (fender mount LED). Thanks for the response and clarification.
sheets thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
A dash cycle video just for you Sheets.
Click here to watch it.
Ha ha clasic, good one Pauljp i liked this vid, man you got a lot of snow over there ?

Why cant we just upload video's to the vicforum server .... That would be nice ?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts