Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good line on a high quality motorcycle cover that fits the Victory Cross Country tour? Been looking lately and not sure of the size. Dowco makes them up to XXXL for 1800 Gold Wings but Dowco doesn't list a size for Victory. It doesn't have to be Dowco but I'm coming up empty.. :crzy:

Brad

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have the genuine victory cover for my cross roads. It is great quality. It will also fit a cct as it has a opening in a zipper for extra parts to be covered

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I agree, I've used it on my last XCT (covered the bike prior to minor hail storm, worked great with no damage to cover or bike) and plan on using it on my new one too. Very high quality cover which looks like it will last.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I also bought a genuine Victory cover Cross Country Tour specific. Very pleased with it. It is not waterproof but water resistant. It is not a cover that is meant to be used to store a motorcycle outdoors for long periods of time if thats what you have in mind. I bring mine on long trips when parking outdoors and for storage in the garage during the winter.
I purchased mine from Honda toledo east a supporter of this site.
On top of all that the cover is made in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone have a good line on a high quality motorcycle cover that fits the Victory Cross Country tour? Been looking lately and not sure of the size. Dowco makes them up to XXXL for 1800 Gold Wings but Dowco doesn't list a size for Victory. It doesn't have to be Dowco but I'm coming up empty.. :crzy:

Brad
If you go to the Dowco website and search on the motorcycle section it says XXL for Cross Country/Roads. I have a CC w/ passenger backrest and just got the XXXL Guardian Weatherall Zipper and found it to be too large (cover touches the ground). I'm guessing if I had the optional trunk, the cover would still be too large. I'm going to exchange for the XXL and I think that may work for the CCT.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you !

That cover looks awesome and the price is right!

I just ordered onebased on your referral and the link. I will let you know when i get it.

got the 2012 CCT last month and unfortunately will be putting away for the winter.....:mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dangit !

i bought the wrong one!

the link took me to an XL. it wont go over the top.

check your size.... is it an XXL? before i order another one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i bought the wrong one!

the link took me to an XL. it wont go over the top.

check your size.... is it an XXL? before i order another one.
Just went out in the garage - the cover is size XXL - Style: MC 904.

Sorry about not being more specific in the previous reply/post. It is a good cover for the price. Hope you can exchange for the correct size.

Ray

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks

Return the cover? Heck no,,,,, MY wife just told me i must need a second bike to go under that cover LOL!!!!!

i am not kidding.

i remember every day why i married her!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's cool of her.... I have had my cover for over 5 years and use it each winter to cover the bike in the garage and my wife would call me at work during the day to let me know the rain was coming and I would cover the bike before the rain started. Not that I was worried about the bike getting wet - it was the ride home on the wet seat in a suit...

What did we do to deserve such good wives?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I just bought a cover from here...

https://www.sealskincovers.com/index.php/amfinder/?find=2013-victory-cross-country-tour-2026811

I got the "Seal Skin™ 5L Motorcycle Cover" (which I don't see on the page now) on sale for $89 shipped. Received it today but haven't opened it yet. Heck, I don't even have the bike yet. :crzy:
Found this by Googling "Seal Skin™ 5L Motorcycle Cover"...

http://www.carscover.com/Victory-Cross-Country-Tour-Motorcycle-Cover-SP10820NB.html

"Ultrashield Motorcycle Cover
5 Layer Waterproof with Heat Shield"
$79.95 shipped

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Found this on Craigslist Today

Was looking for a cover this week to store my bike for the winter and was reading this thread to get ideas. Found this one on Craiglists today from a guy that triked his 2012 XC and was looking to get rid of it very cheap. The cover was in great shape and only used while his ride was in the garage.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
80 Posts
After searching for a after market cover, broke down and bought the Victory factory one for the CCT, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality.

Completely covers the bike, has a zipper that expands the cover over the trunk, a velcro slot for the antenna.

Worth the $ I paid.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
No name

I actually like the way the Victory looks on the cover. But I prefer to get the covers without a motorcycle brand posted across it. I like to cover my bike up at night on trips when I stay at motels/hotels. I figure the name across the cover may just catch the eye of a thief looking for a particaular brand or brands. Last cover I purchased from CarQuest and it was actually priced descently in the mid $20 range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts