Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and searching and just haven't seen a clear answer to the question of speakers upgrades I'm researching. I have a 2013 Tour. Factory speakers front and rear. After putting on some Ness Big Honkers at highway the stock system is just not cutting it. I would like to do speaker upgrades first followed by adding a amp at a later time. Budget is tight to do it all at one time. So questions.

1. I would like to know what speakers would fit in the XCT Trunk without modifications. I'm simply looking for speakers with good bottom end that are direct replacement for the factory speakers in the truck.

2. Front speakers I see that I may be able to go with 6.5 without doing any modifications as well.

3. Amp at a later point in time will probadly go with a Rockford Punch amp 4x.

Reconmendation please. Thx guys!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would wait until I had the money to do it all at once. The stereo output is puny. You need the amp to drive any decent speakers. If you want 6.5" speakers in the fairing, then you need adapters. I have Polk DB651's in mine. In the trunk, I used a pair of Kicker CS525's. I had to put a couple of nuts in the top screw holes between the speaker and the back of the opening to keep the magnet from rubbing against the back. I'm eventually going to pull the kickers; they suck. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will be cutting the opening to get the sound I want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would install the amp first. I have the kicker upgrade speakers on all four speakers, with PBR300x4 amp. I'm total impressed with this setup, much more than I could have ever imagined.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
how about quieter mufflers?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Kicker 10PS52504 5.25” speakers are a direct fit in the trunk and fairing. These are powersports-specific so they are weather resistant. These are 4-ohm which work with the popular Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 amplifier upgrade. I don't know what ohm the stock radio expects to see for speakers, so confirm that if you're going to hook up without an amp.

I've found those Kickers for $150 or less on eBay. That was a little over a year ago though, so YMMV.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Kicker 10PS52504 5.25” speakers are a direct fit in the trunk and fairing. These are powersports-specific so they are weather resistant. These are 4-ohm which work with the popular Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 amplifier upgrade. I don't know what ohm the stock radio expects to see for speakers, so confirm that if you're going to hook up without an amp.

I've found those Kickers for $150 or less on eBay. That was a little over a year ago though, so YMMV.

Rob

any issues with the stereo when taking the trunk off? in getting that amp i believe, and my trunk is on its way, wondering about hooking the trunk to the amp?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the feedback!
The front fairing speaker I'm not to worried about as there seem to be a lot more options and flexibility on those. I'm going to go with the over feedback of waiting and doing everything at the same time. But I'm still trying to address the concern of the Tours Trunk. What are some good speakers which will replace the factor speaker without cutting or modifying the trunk. Additionally I've reached out to Witchdoctors as well because they have a drop in kit with wiring, amp and 2 speakers for the front. Again that trunk speaker replacement seem to be the issue. Has anyone had experience with the Witchdoctors kit found here.
https://buywitchdoctors.oursafeserver.com/p/3009/victory-motorcycle-parts-stereo-accsys-cross-country-roads-hardball-motorcycles-rockford-fosgate-package-speaker-sc-778/

·
Registered
372 Posts
any issues with the stereo when taking the trunk off? in getting that amp i believe, and my trunk is on its way, wondering about hooking the trunk to the amp?
The bikes are wired from the factory for the speakers in the trunk. There is a plug behind the left saddlebag (or side cover?) for all the trunk connections. No reason there should be any problem when removing the trunk with aftermarket speakers any more than with stock speakers.

Rob

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback!
The front fairing speaker I'm not to worried about as there seem to be a lot more options and flexibility on those. I'm going to go with the over feedback of waiting and doing everything at the same time. But I'm still trying to address the concern of the Tours Trunk. What are some good speakers which will replace the factor speaker without cutting or modifying the trunk. Additionally I've reached out to Witchdoctors as well because they have a drop in kit with wiring, amp and 2 speakers for the front. Again that trunk speaker replacement seem to be the issue. Has anyone had experience with the Witchdoctors kit found here.
https://buywitchdoctors.oursafeserver.com/p/3009/victory-motorcycle-parts-stereo-accsys-cross-country-roads-hardball-motorcycles-rockford-fosgate-package-speaker-sc-778/
The Kickers drop right in. See my post above...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
The bikes are wired from the factory for the speakers in the trunk. There is a plug behind the left saddlebag (or side cover?) for all the trunk connections. No reason there should be any problem when removing the trunk with aftermarket speakers any more than with stock speakers.

Rob

thanks, not a stereo guy at all, and planning on doing 6.5" in the fairing with that amp and since im getting the trunk just making sure i can hook it up too. thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks, not a stereo guy at all, and planning on doing 6.5" in the fairing with that amp and since im getting the trunk just making sure i can hook it up too. thanks!
As long as you are tapping your amp into the factory speaker wire harness in the fairing there will be nothing to do in the trunk except open the speaker grills and pop in new Kickers. No wiring needed back there.

I've heard putting 6.5" speakers in the fairing is a challenge. They don't fit in the stock speaker boxes. What are people doing? Cutting the boxes? Removing them and running the speakers unbaffled?

Rob

·
Registered
372 Posts
By the way, don't spend money on a fancy amp bracket. Just get a couple strips of aluminum stock and make your own. If you search for my posts from a year or so ago you'll see examples and info.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
By the way, don't spend money on a fancy amp bracket. Just get a couple strips of aluminum stock and make your own. If you search for my posts from a year or so ago you'll see examples and info.

Rob

thanks,, yes they look easy enough to make

1 - 18 of 18 Posts