Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Kuryakyn's trunk rack. The installation instructions are not much help! They say to put tape on the trunk where you want to drill. be sure it's in the right location before you drill. Measure twice drill once. Kuryakyn is not responsible for any damage. OK THEN!! WTF! I used graft paper and plotted the bars from a center line. Simple and accurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lines represent the mounting bars. I adjusted the legs from there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's one more.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! Looks familiar...

http://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/82313-kuryakyn-luggage-rack-7159-a.html

I used blue painters tape instead of graph paper, but I measured three times before drilling lol
NICE! I had the back rest pad off, (having it recovered}, and noticed a center mark from the mold. That's when the graph thang hit me... Wish I would have had them recover my trunk when I had the my seat done, but I actually thought I would not use the trunk much. Man was that wrong! Now I never take the trunk off, and need a rack for my camping gear! This one seems very solid and well made!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I thought, with those clamps and such that maybe it wouldn't be so sturdy. I was proven wrong; this rack is a beast!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks good! I put a Harley rack on mine, $109 - added the extenders for the Gold Wing from Kurykan so total cost was $141.00 Cdn. Had to tweek the standoffs slightly ( no big deal) - I like it as the $50 Kuryakan bag fits like a glove! Plus I'm chea:smilep!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looks good!! Wish I had been aware of that optional configuration when I purchased my bike. At the time I went with the Victory trunk rack, which isn't much for the dollars spent.

·
13,002 Posts
Hope you put big around fender washers under the rack to give it strength

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Hope you put big around fender washers under the rack to give it strength
I have 3/4" washers sitting on 1" rubber cushions. They came with the kit. I'm just guessing at the size, but they are close to that.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I believe we a talking about luggage racks on the trunk, not storage racks on the wall. You are very handy it appears!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,152 Posts
Looks good! I put a Harley rack on mine, $109 - added the extenders for the Gold Wing from Kurykan so total cost was $141.00 Cdn. Had to tweek the standoffs slightly ( no big deal) - I like it as the $50 Kuryakan bag fits like a glove! Plus I'm chea:smilep!
Me too and the feet from Cruiser Customizing. Seems to work well. And yes Johnny; there are large washer under the lid.

I also picked up some plugs for when I don't need or use the rack for long trips which is most the time but I'm thinking I will just leave the rack on because the trunk only goes on the bike for long trips since I picked up a trailer. May not even go on then.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I first bought one of those Harley racks but I broke one of the legs trying to bend them in. Good thing I got it cheap.
Glad I bought what I did.

·
Premium Member
6,072 Posts
I like that Blue color Bbob ... I haven't seen blue here yet ... Good choice mate something different .....

·
Premium Member
13,152 Posts
I like that Blue color Bbob ... I haven't seen blue here yet ... Good choice mate something different .....
Thanks Mate!

It really is a nice color BP. Really pops in the sun. Very subdued in the shade or under florescent lights. I didn't even know it looked so good until the day I picked it up and got it outside.

When I go to do something paint wise with the XC; I'm going to keep this color as much as possible and work in another color or two with airbrushing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts